Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-02-2016, 11:59 AM

Looks like time for court

Got up yesterday to a notice/ticket on the door.

No visible food or water.

Called down and stated I have a dog door, there response was no visible water or food still.

Not sure which part of it is inside the house so it does not freeze they can't understand.

I could have understood if they had stated they could not see the dog door, but is was like they did not even care.

There is a dog house covering the outside of the dog door which is mounted to the house with the side cut out so wind does not blow straight into the house in the winter, and a heavy flap.

Next issue is you actually have to trespass to even see if there is water or food on the back porch.
Who ever had to climb up on the center air unit outside and step up on the outer edge of the porch over the shorter 5ft fence on that side.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Can you send them videos or photos confirming things?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Can't you invite them to come and have a proper look?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Sounds rather stupid to me.

Both my dogs spend most of their day outside, unless it's pouring with rain. Their food and water is in the kitchen. I don't have a dog flap so on really cold days when the front door is closed they have to ask to be let in to access their food and water.

During the summer the front door is left open, but for some reason, even though I've tried leaving bowls of water in various places in the garden, neither of them will drink from them preferring to come inside!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
I could have understood if they had stated they could not see the dog door,
Who are "they"

Surely you don't have anyone in authority going around looking to see if a dog has bowl and water bucket provided.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-02-2016, 12:31 AM
I have security cameras, that record the last 4 days and delete as it goes.
Took a few hours but found it. It was a animal control officer, and he did almost exactly as I thought.
Climbed on the central air unit, stepped on the fence and looked over the porch rail, it is also the only spot where mouse can not fit because it is blocked so he can not go there.

Took video of his door and how he goes through the dog house out and his water and food bowls, along with a copy the footage of there officer down to the main office, they faxed the paperwork over to rescind the ticket and gave me a copy of the paperwork.

Informed them if there was any issue with my central air unit they would be getting a bill and if I catch any of there officers trespassing they would be detained for the police.

There boss stated Mouse had charged the fence, when the officer was looking for dogs that where reported as roaming loose and was again also out and again charge the fence when the officer return a few hours later on another report of the dogs being loose barking at people in a aggressive manner.

Informed him Mouse barked at him both times from the back porch and only charged up to the fence when his officer tried to enter the backyard through the side gate and that I had that on video also.

Pretty sure it was the neighbor behind me's dogs, there jumpers and are known to jump his 5ft fence, but there about as aggressive as a goldfish and after 5 or 10mins jump back in there yard.

Guess the food part is like a default, that is added added in the wording, which make no sense to me but after skinning through video while working, and taking a 2 hour lunch break to deal with it, I was in no mood for there explanation of there notices and ticket generic wording in matters by the new city laws.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Who are "they"

Surely you don't have anyone in authority going around looking to see if a dog has bowl and water bucket provided.
Animal Control.

Springfield Ohio USA enacted a new law last year that animal outside had to have water available, along with those that where chained outside had to have shelter from cold and shade from sun on hot days, along with food under a long list of conditions.

There is also a huge list of stuff that I'd have to find and post.

Overall it's a good thing for dog and animal, but some of the younger officer are a bit to gung-ho, or there just trying to gain revenue from tickets. Not sure which.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2016, 06:15 AM
Of course you are angry but just take a moment to see things from the other side.

These new laws have been bought in for a reason. New laws dont happen overnight there are long processes before they are enforced.

Yes maybe officers are being over zelous but have you ever wondered how many animal control officers end up sick because of the horrors they have to deal with on a daily basis?
Many of us not even living in the states have seen and heard of the terrible cases of outside dogs in boiling hot yards without water, the dogs with ingrown collars teaming with maggots in the broken flesh.
I have cried just watching tv about these dogs I cant imagine how I would feel if I had to deal with it first hand.

Im not saying you are a bad owner or that you have done anything wrong just saying try not to judge them as if they are the enemy. They are out there trying to make things better for animals.

http://barkpost.com/compassion-fatigue-animal-workers/

Vets and animal care officers have very high suicide rates most likely due to these kinds of pressures.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dorrit View Post
These new laws have been brought in for a reason. New laws dont happen overnight there are long processes before they are enforced.
I think what you are saying is that humanity is in such a mess and billions of humans ares so stupid they have to be 'educated' by virtue of having a 'law' applicable to their stupidity, doooh

You can't legislate for all the stupid idiots of the world but if it helps the animals then better some legislation than no legislation.

Nothing more to be said.