Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I have a schedule

I'm a slave to schedules, I'm afraid

I get up at 4.40 am and take Luna out for a walk. We are back around 5 am, then Luna gets her RMB and Oliver (the kitty) is given his kibble. I head for the shower, while Luna is eating.. And when I step out of the shower, Luna is lying on the shower blanket It doesnt take her long to eat..

I leave at 5.55 am.

I have 2 freezers for Luna and a tiny one for me I take something out everytime I feed, so it has 24 hours to thaw

And I also buy big As I said I buy things in Sweden. Thursday I'm getting 5 kg turkey neck and 5 kg "gristle"bones (pork). Its cheaper to buy big. I'm sharing with a friend, so she has the same portions as me.. She has 2 dogs

I have a shopping issue me thinks

I dont have an axe So will be trying the saw.. and perhaps my birdscissor..
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I have schedules too J just don`t take them seriously

Do whats ever fits in with your lifestyle best & don`t worry too much, shes being fed good quality food & thats the most important thing

See how she goes tomorrow
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Ta Christine

I'm really grateful for your help..

I'm going to grind the oats and make that slosh thingy for her..
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Ok hope it goes well B/L keep us updated
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Well after I logged off, I decided to measure the oats out, and grind them in the food processor, so they were ready this morning.. I think my converter must be wrong.. 1 cup equals 236 grams of oats

That's a whole lot.. I gave her half of that with 3 spoonfuls of the cultura and ½ spponful honey. She loved it.. She didnt care much for the turkey thigh this morning though.. Ate it but of course she had had the porridge first, so probablely werent too hungry

For dinner last night, I had given her half beef and half pork (minced) and this morning the poo started out normal, but with a lot of runny at the end.. So a mix.. I think we are going to stay all clear of the beef for a bit.. And I guess I could find lots of other things to feed and then ony feed beef once in a while..

My mum found some cheap turkey drumsticks for me today, so I can give Luna those, if she doesnt care of the thighs.. And it was a nightmare to separate.. Think I'll ask my friend if she wants to buy them.. Her dogs are bigger than mine, so wouldnt need the splitting up..
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
sorry about the milk confusion J

Do you know for sure if Luna does well on the pork?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
That's okay Mys

That's the only thing I DO know.. Well I know that pork will give her a hard tummy, if only fed pork. So I have to mix in a fe other things.. But she can easily have pork one or 2 days in a row without problems. And then I guess I could give her turkey or what else that gives her asoft tummy, then I can perhaps "eaven" things out a bit, if you understand?? But I'm getting a bit frustrated these days, cos honestly she cant live on pork alone
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Hiya B/L my cup weighs 125gms

But you halved yours so that`d be about right

Can you get beef, pork or lamb hearts, its classed as a meat meal, often theres no probs when feeding the hearts of the animal. Then you`ve got lamb, breast/ribs/necks/meat. Same with pork, don`t forget trotters. Then theres turkey, necks/heart/legs/meat. Beef meat meal thrown in now & again.
Don`t forget eggs, she can have them more often, a good source of protein, so is cottage cheese What about duck & what do you mean pork gives her a *hard tum* whats that, like griping pains, upset?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh dear me.. My converter must have really messed up then

I can get pork and calf hearts yes. Lamb can be difficult to come by here, but I've found a couple of muslim butchers, they tend to have the ribs..

Turkey necks and legs yes. And chicken aswell..

If she has pork ribs in the morning and minced pork in the evening, the poo will get very hard.. REALLY hard. And I have seen a few pieces of bones in it.
And once, there were a few drops of blood.. that was when there were the bonepieces.

But she's not straining or anything.

The porridge made the poo shaped but soft, so helped a bit.

THANK YOU Christine, for helping me get back on the horse, I must admit, I have been having a bit of a "dark" day and about to just give up...

I'm going to try the venison tomorrow.. if she's having breakfast (sometimes she wakes me up at 5-6 am, and then I could give her breakfast and she will be able to relax a bit before going to dogtraining.)
The Charmed One
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi there have a look at this web site i do beleave they ship over seas
www.hyperdrug.com
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »