View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 10:40 AM
ok...lol...I let my dogs give me a 'kiss' now and again but funnily enough I wouldn't let anyone elses?...and some breeds even if they were my own I wouldn't let?...Dogs are dogs I know but somehow mine are different...lol

I have to admit I kinda hide my lips (as if that makes a difference?) and normally I only let em just before I am gonna wash my face, so I can clean up...haha...But to be honest my dogs arn't slobbery or gross and they have lovely clean teeth and no smell (ok I know still germs and stuff)

Kody's 'kisses' are so rough they just make you laugh he can floor you with a 'kiss'...the sort that pull your eye lids back...lol

Umm sometimes I hold their mouth shut and give em a kiss on that spikey furred bit just under the nose and above the top lip, for some reason that makes me laugh...

...yeah ok...I know...LOL

Heck say what you want but I wouldn't kiss a babies bum for instance like some people do...Blachhhhh...lol...my dogs are just cute!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 10:46 AM
my boy will give kisses on command - and I always get a kiss as I am leaving the house - cos he lies on the floor at the top of the stairs all depressed looking and sorry for himself so I get level with him and say " give mummy kisses " and he just holds up his chin and sticks his tongue out - he doesnt actually make contact but its the height of cuteness !!

Also when he is playfighting with phil and chewing on his hand we always make him "give kisses now" to make it better and thats how the game must always end.

I would draw the line at encouraging him to lick the baby etc - however have to admit I am one of those people that think that some germs are good for you in moderation so being super scarily paranoid about getting licked etc is not always a good thing.

Also Bruno cant reach his own bits to lick them as his big deep chest gets in the way - he doesnt access any other animals bits cos he wouldnt be licking them if he did and he is quite clean and doesnt have minging breath !

so yes I dont mind the occasional smooch from him !
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Umm sometimes I hold their mouth shut and give em a kiss on that spikey furred bit just under the nose and above the top lip, for some reason that makes me laugh...
ha ha, i do this too, can't explain why, feels so nice and cute
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Doggydina View Post
ha ha, i do this too, can't explain why, feels so nice and cute
heh-me too- sometimes in the middle of a "kiss" Minnie stops; and her whiskers are just restin under my nose- it TICKLES
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Tigger has started trying to do this as my dad lets him when we go round there. I have asked him to stop now as I really dont want him doing that.
He will however jump up onto my knee and rest his soft little head over my shoulder and give hugs. Then he gives you a crafty lick across the back of the neck and sometimes he will pretend he is just changing shoulders but will lick your cheeks as he moves!

One of his favourite ways to spend an afternoon is crunching on snails, licking slugs until they curl up, prodding ugly spiders with his nose before eating them and cleaning his bits, so, erm, no-think Ill pass on the kisses on my lips thanks.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
ok...lol...I let my dogs give me a 'kiss' now and again but funnily enough I wouldn't let anyone elses?...and some breeds even if they were my own I wouldn't let?...Dogs are dogs I know but somehow mine are different...lol

I have to admit I kinda hide my lips (as if that makes a difference?) and normally I only let em just before I am gonna wash my face, so I can clean up...haha...But to be honest my dogs arn't slobbery or gross and they have lovely clean teeth and no smell.

Heck say what you want but I wouldn't kiss a babies bum for instance like some people do...Blachhhhh...lol...my dogs are just cute!
I am the same!!

Molly also has a habit of trying to remove any chocolate from my mouth with her tounge
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Another definite no from me too! Although I have had the occasional accidental one from Isla when I wasn't paying attention!

I don't mind the odd kiss on the cheek from them, but on the lips? Nooooo! :smt078
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Inca will always lick faces if she could, but we don't like it, and discourage it.

Tonto on the other hand won't lick at all. If I pick him up he won't look me in the eye, so then I might kiss his forehead, more to show him that its ok I nlove him.

He does like a zerbut on his bald, spotty, tummy though.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I do encourage my lot to give `kisses`, preferably on the cheek but on occasion they have been exhuberant and got me on the mouth if I wasnt quick enough to shut it [ I`m usually laughing at the time lol ].

When I was little, my parents let the dogs give my brother and I kisses if we didnt mind - I was always happy with it but my brothers were not so I was the only one who got regularly `kissed`.

I have multiple allergies - but not to dogs or any other animals [ because I was always cuddling them and handling them etc at every opportunity ].
Both my brothers became allergic to dogs...

Its proven that the more kids are kept away from germs the weaker their immune systems become and they tend to be ill far more often than kids exposed to dog saliva and dander, and other `grubby` things.

The only `germ` concern realistically [ in this country at least ] is if a dog has toxacara.

I dont have human kids but if I did I would definately not stop my dogs giving them a good slurp - if they became allergic to my dogs, well, kids can be hard to rehome I would think
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 04:15 PM
There is scientific evidence that dog saliva has anti-septic properties. Yep there are fewer germs in a dogs mouth than in a humans So havin' a good ole slaver with your dog may NOT be such a bad thing as if I needed an excuse
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »