Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 07:53 AM

Daily Thread, 17th Sweptember, 2019

Good morning everyone. have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. Hope doggey friends do likewise.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Lovely breezy, sunny Autumn day here today.
It was a tad chilly on the fingers at 7.30 this morning.
Off to Mark and lauren's later to pick up some bits they borrowed and now want to return rather than take them when they move.
Gorden went back into London today till thursday evening.

Had an encounter with rude postie yesterday. Not our usual postie. Gorden was by the gate putting something in the bin in the back heard him on the gravel ran into the bungalow to the door opened it and postie had long gone, Didn't ring the bell and didn't wait anyway so if you were a lot slower or elderly or disabled you stood no chance as he had no intention of waiting.
I decided to see if I could catch him further up the road which I did and I mentioned it would of been good if he had rung the bell we can hear thet in the kitchen and the garden.
he tersely replied I banged and I said yes but that is why we have the doorbell. He siad I didn't and I don't. Anyway got my packet and as I tuned to walk away he said rather rudely can I have my card. As I left I said thank you for being so rude most posite's are polite he returned with I am not and continued to mutter under his breath as I walked away.
Suffice to say I have emailed a complaint.

Hoping for a better postie today if I have to encounter one.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone to come. Yep don't you just love it when they don't ring the bell. I get really annoyed when they bang on the door. Who would be responsible if they went through the glass? Ah well have a good day all. I have finished planting the bulbs. Yeh!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2019, 09:53 AM
brenda it's when they bang the door and then ring the bell. You can't win it seems.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone

Safe trip Lynn.

Hope all is well with you Brenda.

Our posties change every few days. Some are good and ring and wait others try to force something too large through the letter box.

Lovely morning here.. Mum's taxi has been working overtime of late. Yesterday took son into Crawley for an interview and then one again this morning. The one today was nearer. He has an offer on the one today but is waiting to hear back from yesterday's. Fingers crossed it is good as that is the one he would like even though it is further to travel.

Hope you are not feeling too bad today Harvey

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Good afternoon all.

Weather is lovely and sunny, but a bit cool in the breeze.

Our postie is lovely. If the garage is unlocked he knows we are out and puts whatever he brings in the garage and closes the door. If ever the doorbell doesn't work, he knocks on the living room window to let us know he is there. When he is off, his stand in is equally lovely and does the same thing. Even a couple of delivery firms do the same now. We are very lucky

Fingers crossed on the interview results and he gets the one he wants Lynn
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Afternoon all.

Been to work and home again and I am in error I thought the hole digging at the field was due to them starting to build houses which I know they are. Whereas I have discovered that the hole digging is in fact trench digging they are archaeologists - would you believe it.

Moyra How are you doing?
Lynn Postal mishaps I have great postie a bit like Chris. Mark and Lauren are moving - must of missed that somewhere of their own?
Brenda You have jogged my memory must get some bulbs and then plant them before my holiday. What are you planting?
Sue Hope he hears back on the job he wants. But great news he got the one.
Chris Totally with you on the postie front mine is great too.

Right off I go cup of coffee calling I think.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 03:09 PM
He got the once he wanted subject to references. Now to sort out his driving licence as it expired at the end of August
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
He got the once he wanted subject to references. Now to sort out his driving licence as it expired at the end of August
Well done him
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Kazz they were a mix of daffs, crocus, hyacinths and tulips I think. just everything from last year. They have two chances. lol!!