Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:20 PM

Fed Up With Rudeness

Can someone please enlighten me as to why clients find it necessary to be so rude! We seem to have had nothing but rude clients this week and there's just no need
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Some people just have no concept of manners. They deserve a reminder slap round the chops.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Try doing my job......all I get is shouted at.....its not my fault the computer system messes up, or people use too much gas and then don't want to pay for it.....shame ppl don't realise how much quicker things get done when people are nice!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Try doing my job......all I get is shouted at.....its not my fault the computer system messes up, or people use too much gas and then don't want to pay for it.....shame ppl don't realise how much quicker things get done when people are nice!
We've always said that on our complaints team, in fact I remember telling a customer that once...or was it every customer that shouted at me. Shouting at me will not get your BB fixed any faster...so you may as well give up right here and now.

Usually worked funnily enough. The funniest one I remember was an 18 year old going nuts cause his BB had been down and he was wanting comp, he was yelling the odds at all of us, kept coming back till he got to this ex army Glasweigan fella who shouted back at him that he had drank whisky older than the boy and it worked too, boy shut up after that
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
We've always said that on our complaints team, in fact I remember telling a customer that once...or was it every customer that shouted at me. Shouting at me will not get your BB fixed any faster...so you may as well give up right here and now.

Usually worked funnily enough. The funniest one I remember was an 18 year old going nuts cause his BB had been down and he was wanting comp, he was yelling the odds at all of us, kept coming back till he got to this ex army Glasweigan fella who shouted back at him that he had drank whisky older than the boy and it worked too, boy shut up after that
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Isnt it just a hazard of the job? i worked in customer service type jobs for years although it could be a pain at times other customers made it worthwhile.. The day i started to moan would of been the day i moved on...Nothing worse than seeing a despondant worker not giving full attention to clients and they wondered why clients got their backs up lol.. the prices clients paid they expect full service (but theres always one exception)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 06:31 AM
I've been in the service industry for many years now, and one of my favourite sayings (one that I seem to say more and more to both staff and clients) is:

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar......

That mostly works
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 07:25 AM
I don't believe it should be a hazard of any job. I have noticed in Ireland that people are always polite and cheerful with it at both ends of the phone, but I try to speak to a person in a Company how I would like to be spoken to. That's not to say I am "careful" and back down, but I usually preface a complaint/vent my opinion by "please don't take this personally but I find your organisation ...." or "I am annoyed because .... and if this isn't settled properly I am going to..." in a calm voice and I haven't been cut off yet!
There's no excuse for brattish behaviour IMO regardless of circumstances but on the other hand some customer service staff I have called at UK Companies (Particularly a certain well-known supermarket chain ) recently seem to be dictating woodenly from a script and seem unable to hold a proper conversation about the matter in hand. Very frustrating.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Some people for get that the vet staff are there to help , And think they cant vent there frustration out on them, personally I cannot abide rudeness ,So I wouldnt treat other peple in a mannor I would not wish to be subject to but there is always numptys out there that think its there good given right to speak to people like garbage, Sorry you have had a tough week Hayley big hugs xxdk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >