Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Election time again

Election time soon

Yes it is that time again when politicians promise the earth and get it in their expense claims .

The only time they actually bother to knock on a door is around election time. The rest of it is spent swanning around the world on" fact finding missions "

You can actually check how often your local member of parliament has spoken in government

List

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/mps.php...nce&house=both

Just click on your MP's name to see how they voted

All that lot get £67,000 plus expenses

http://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-a...mbers/pay-mps/

Nice money for just talking and sitting on their backsides

My own MP

Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.

One example of what he does is

Received on 28 November 2014, £20,000 plus return airfare and hotel accommodation for providing strategic advice and consultancy to sovereign investment fund. Name and address of payer: Ras Al Khaimah Development LLC, Level 38 Julphar Commercial Tower, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE. Hours: 30 hrs approx. (Registered 15 December 2014)

fantastic help to his constituants

They are all at it

So before voting for your exisiting MP it will stagger you what they get up to instead of looking after voters interest
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2015, 11:34 PM
A site for checking your MP's policy on animal issues is, www.voteforanimals.org.uk/ Unfortunately our MP, who has a good record, is retiring this time, but anyone with a sitting MP can search by postcode.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I have strong views on right and wrong but am not in truth very political. However both Milliband and that Ed Balls make my flesh creep, the thought of them running the country along with that detestable Harriet Har-person would make me vote for Satan if it kept them out of office.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 03:04 AM
Ah, yes. Our election will be next year. Most people I know hardly care who wins... we're just ready to see Obama go bye-bye.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2015, 08:17 PM
There is not one party or party leader who I think can sort the UK out.

They are all as rubbish as each other.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Well that's all over and done with !

This made me laugh

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Why is it that the media can not understand why the pollsters got it wrong and the 'exit poll' got it right.

Surely anyone with more than two brain cells knows that if you're a true Brit and you are approached by some nerdy twenty something brat asking how you intend to vote then of couse you're going tell them anything, maybe the first name that comes into your head

With the 'exit poll' they hand you a bit of paper and you put a cross and put it in a box so the nerdy twenty something brat has no idea what you said, a true Brit might actually put the truth on that.

But the media don't get it, they seem to think they are Gods and when they approach someone in the street that person is going to be so impressed that they might get a few seconds on TV that they will say the truth.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I have strong views on right and wrong but am not in truth very political. However both Milliband and that Ed Balls make my flesh creep, the thought of them running the country along with that detestable Harriet Har-person would make me vote for Satan if it kept them out of office.
Now worries, the Labour party has not only lost its Balls but its leader as well
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2015, 07:16 PM

They're all as bad as each other !
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Very good one that TWeed.
Dibby - This may or may not be the case - heaven only knows. However, there is little in this life as pleasing as backing a winner!
Seems like the rest of the country viewed the Balls/Milliband combo with the same degree of distrust as myself. Fortunately I wasn't forced to vote for Satan to get rid of them but I would have done!!!!