View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Do you disagree with the coat testing of show dogs?

or the way its done? - If so please feel free to sign the petition below (probs get no signatures on here, but worth reading!).

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coat-testing/

Dogworld Article..

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/19-Breaking-news
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Yes I agree with it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Each to their own...KC need a good shake up, who cares what shampoo or spray is used in order to present a coat..when there are breeders producing dogs that suffer, breeding on huge scales and registering litters and the rest....The dogs suffer more having the hair pulled out than they do being bathed! I hope enteries are lost, about time people stood up to the KC! and the cheek of two certain people to join the group .. pfft laughable..
some like to take pride in the condition of their dogs..
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
cheating is cheating...if u have nothing to hide then whats the problem?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Each to their own...KC need a good shake up, who cares what shampoo or spray is used in order to present a coat..when there are breeders producing dogs that suffer, breeding huge scales and registering litters....The dogs suffer more having the hair pulled out than they do being bathed! I hope enteries are lost, about time people stood up to the KC! and the cheek of two certain people to join the group .. pfft laughable..
But its not about breeding is it? Its about the stuff they put on the coats. The standards say that NOTHING that alters the colour or texture of the coat should be used, and it is.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
cheating is cheating...if u have nothing to hide then whats the problem?
hows would it be cheating? I dont know if your asking me directly because of my quote on the DW article, or just in general but for me its principles - take the entry money and then have the cheek to march you off.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
But its not about breeding is it? Its about the stuff they put on the coats. The standards say that NOTHING that alters the colour or texture of the coat should be used, and it is.
Exactly its not about breeding...Its about people that are taking pride in making their dogs look the best the dogs can..
Their testing for powder, lacquer and silicone-based grooming products - nothing wrong with enhancing whats already there - its not always altering.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Exactly its not about breeding...Its about people that are taking pride in making their dogs look the best the dogs can..
Their testing for powder, lacquer and silicone-based grooming products - nothing wrong with enhancing whats already there - its not always altering.
but its against the rules

if u pay your entry knowingly cheating..then tough if your found out.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
It against the rules to alter colour and texture, some of the products being tested for are used in shampoos and the like - bathing a dog is not cheating, its presenting.

I bet most handlers have altered the dogs coat in some way before showing - hand stripping, trimming, clipping - ect.. where do you draw the line..

Does hair spray leave a poodle suffering - no it just leave the top knot in the wanted position. Does pulling 30 strands of hair out with a nit typed comb hurt - yes, its a non moulting breed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Chalk alters the colour and texture of a dogs coat.

Hairspray makes the coat stand up, therefore altering the texture.

Some shampoos alter the colour of the coat.

Powder alters the colour and texture of a coat.

Im not saying they are doing "harm" Im just saying that the rules with this are clear. I detest walking past Bully benches or Westies etc... I do NOT want white trousers thank you!
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »