View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 10:35 AM
I was not talking about ones that go round the neck just leads. Leash in the USA.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Now we know your issue, as choker chains do not hurt all dogs, as they do not hurt my dogs, because my dogs do not pull on the choker as they have learned not to do this. You apparently have never seen a dog with this amount of both intellect and respect for its owner. Such dogs might need a harness as they can injure themselves by wearing any coller at all. Not all dogs are equal unfortunately
and how did they learn? Your dogs may not pull now that they are trained, but, from what you say, you have trained them using the yank and jerk method - hence, choke chain, hence pain to train. So very wrong
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 01:26 PM
You have no clue as to how fast a truly intelligent and well bred dog can learn, most people do not. I taught my current pup to sit in under two minutes, he was eight weeks old. My dogs learned not to pull in less time than that as they already understood the no command. All this being true once my dogs are fully trained by five months they see a leash about once or twice a year, not every day like many
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 02:45 PM
and you deliberately ignore the fact that choke chains by their very nature have been designed to inflict pain to train.

Dogs have an amazing capacity to learn, on that we agree, but it's how we train where our opinions are so very wide apart
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Again, some dogs should not wear a choker of shock collar because this is torture for them. Why, because they will not or can not learn, sometimes these dogs are called stubborn, I call them dumb, it is the handlers responsibility to know if they have one of these dogs. Once again some people have never taught a dog to sit in two minutes, or taught hand signals just by walking with the dog. You can post here as long as you want, but choker chains are not going to be banned, nor should the be, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not allowed to say that I am harming or even hurting my dogs. Bye the way how does a choker collar inflict pain, my dogs will run 50 miles in a day if I let them, would not that cause pain for many other dogs? Do English Bulldogs run that far in a day, can they without pain? is breeding dogs that can not breath properly like a pug or that can not even give birth logical and normal and socially acceptable? Dude there are a lot worse problems in dogdom than choker collars, really.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Again, some dogs should not wear a choker of shock collar because this is torture for them. Why, because they will not or can not learn, sometimes these dogs are called stubborn, I call them dumb, it is the handlers responsibility to know if they have one of these dogs. Once again some people have never taught a dog to sit in two minutes, or taught hand signals just by walking with the dog. You can post here as long as you want, but choker chains are not going to be banned, nor should the be, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not allowed to say that I am harming or even hurting my dogs. Bye the way how does a choker collar inflict pain, my dogs will run 50 miles in a day if I let them, would not that cause pain for many other dogs? Do English Bulldogs run that far in a day, can they without pain? is breeding dogs that can not breath properly like a pug or that can not even give birth logical and normal and socially acceptable? Dude there are a lot worse problems in dogdom than choker collars, really.
Your dogs running free nor the state of some breeds have anything whatsoever to do with choke chains. A convenient distraction from the topic, maybe, but irrelevant to the choke chain topic.

Look at how choke chains are used and it is plain to see that they are designed to tighten on the neck. The quickest of jerks, is still a jerk that tightens the lead around the neck so causing pain. It's how they were designed to work, hence they cause pain to train
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 09:16 PM
The choke chain causes no pain in an intelligent and responsive cooperative dog, as mine are. Just because you do not admit that these dogs exist does not make their existence not real. You have had bad experiences, as have many

Again ones dogs pain is another's play my dogs chase bears and deer for fun, without a choke chain, because chokers can catch on barbed wire fences that they jump, for fun causing no pain.

Do English Bulldogs do that? or would this cause them pain?

You want all dogs to be equal and they are not, nor should they be
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 09:32 PM
So to get this straight, you trained your dog with a choke chain and it never, ever tightened or was jerked? If so, why did you use a choke chain above a harness or standard buckle collar?

You make no sense
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Sure it tightened, as I said I do not pull, the dog does, three times more and he has learned. Took under 100 meters of walking. He was not harmed, felt discomfort that WAS NOT PAIN.

Jesus my dogs will chase lions and bears, get a grip.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Denial is a wonderful thing
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »