register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 84 « First < 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 > Last »
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
sorry but i take offence in being accused of being in a bunch of bullies chasing someone off a forum or that i am a sheep jumping on a bandwagon

I agree completey, its seems to be a pattern that has set in here lately, if the majority are of one opinion to the minority , then the word "bully" and "sheep " seem to get thrown around.

Dogsey has been going for a good few yrs now, and has survived many a heated one sided debate without these accusations being thrown.

I think what those throwing the bully word around needs to remember a true bully can only bully someone when the victim cant get away from them.

Where as on a forum, its a simple "turn on your ignore button" surely this is giving you the power over a bully... if they cant get to you , they cant bully you!!
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
True - but bullying can also be perceived. If you think you are being bullied, then you are being bullied. Bullying is in the eye of the beholder, as it were!

I learned this from my days as a legal secretary working for the Employment Partner. Other people might not think you are being bullied, or that they are bullying you, but if the "victim" thinks he is being bullied, then he has a case of bullying and harassment.
Then I'm sure you also know that there is also the phenomena known as passive aggressiveness. Just because someone feels that they are being bullied or victimised doesn't automatically mean that they are!

If you don't like how someone responds to you then put them on ignore, it's quite simple isn't it?

And I don't know how anyone can say they are concerned about animal welfare and yet support someone like CM, I'd find it very hard to understand thier justification.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post
Then I'm sure you also know that there is also the phenomena known as passive aggressiveness. Just because someone feels that they are being bullied or victimised doesn't automatically mean that they are!

If you don't like how someone responds to you then put them on ignore, it's quite simple isn't it?

And I don't know how anyone can say they are concerned about animal welfare and yet support someone like CM, I'd find it very hard to understand thier justification.
I agree completey, and thats not directed at any individual.

How would one react if they where walking down the road and saw someone alpha rolling a dog/ stringing it up/ using his foot , forcing it to confront a fear...

I wonder what they would think, if they had never seen CM on TV...

Would they think OH well done, he is an animal lover, or what on earth is he/she doing , not a good way to treat a dog!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree completey, its seems to be a pattern that has set in here lately, if the majority are of one opinion to the minority , then the word "bully" and "sheep " seem to get thrown around.

Dogsey has been going for a good few yrs now, and has survived many a heated one sided debate without these accusations being thrown.

I think what those throwing the bully word around needs to remember a true bully can only bully someone when the victim cant get away from them.

Where as on a forum, its a simple "turn on your ignore button" surely this is giving you the power over a bully... if they cant get to you , they cant bully you!!
Your definition of bullying is incorrect. Anyone can say they are being bullied, if they feel that they are being bullied. Your statement about victims not being able to get away from them is just not correct I'm afraid.

To use myself as an example, at school I was not only physically bullied, but mentally as well. The latter, believe me, is far, far worse and has had repercussions right up until the present day. I have learned how to deal with such situations by simply having a total zero tolerance to myself or others being bullied.

Hence the reason why I felt the need to say something about poor Gemma.

Your point about the Ignore button is a good and valid one.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post

It does in the legal sense, Petrina! It is an emotive subject - surely the whole point is that if you feel bullied and victimised to the point where you are getting ill or down about it, then clearly you are being bullied.

We are all different, one man's meat is another man's poison, some of us are more frail and fragile than others.

Your final paragraph I will ignore, because clearly you are insinuating that I am NOT interested in animal welfare, because I (with a few exceptions) like CM and his methods.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm off home now, to further abuse my poor dog.

To kick him,
roll him,
string him up

and generally torture the poor creature.

Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 04:04 PM
It does in the legal sense, Petrina! It is an emotive subject - surely the whole point is that if you feel bullied and victimised to the point where you are getting ill or down about it, then clearly you are being bullied.

We are all different, one man's meat is another man's poison, some of us are more frail and fragile than others.

Your final paragraph I will ignore, because clearly you are insinuating that I am NOT interested in animal welfare, because I (with a few exceptions) like CM and his methods.
Perhaps it does in the legal sense, although it would be open to interpretation by a discrimination committee and a judge to decide one way or another. I still stand by my passive aggressive comment, lots of people in all walks of life will play the victim card when they feel they are not getting their own way. One person's 'being bullied' is someone elses taking a harsh tone of voice with them.

And no you aren't clearly being bullied, perhaps you as a person would also take steps to see whether it is you that is being a passive and not being assertive enough, or maybe this person isn't bullying you, you're just taking things the wrong way and being over sensitive. Bullying is not as black and white as people make out, surely you can see that these situations do arise?

Well I'd rather you didn't ignore it because I'd be interested in hearing your position, I don't understand how you can be vehemently anti bullying yet support a trainer like CM who bullys dogs for a living?? Which one or two exceptions are you talking about?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Can you alpha roll a human? Is that acceptable?

Think of the fun we could have alpha rolling chavs whenever they kick off. I guess it would be abit like cow tipping but on concrete and with chavs.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I hope you guys are proud of yourselves. Yet another perfectly nice and decent person has been driven away just because you lot disagree with her points of view.

....So you people who have hounded and heckled Gemma into wanting to close her account ... well done you guys, I bet you are really pleased with yourselves.

You say that CM is a bully ... can't you see that YOU are being just that, by not allowing anybody to hold a view that is different from your own.

Shame on you
I've just read through the last few pages and I can't see anything which is nasty or unpleasant, just honest views and debate.
Fairly heated, with strong comments about CM, but nothing horrible unless I've missed it.

I do think if one person says they like CM then they tend to get asked lots of questions. It can perhaps feel as if they are getting picked on and bullied which isn't good, but it's not meant as bullying (certainly not from me anyway).

However, I do agree that it can feel like that to one individual for sure, even if it's not meant that way, particularly if some posts are very forthright.

I am saddened Gemma is leaving, but I think it is great that she was open minded enough to look out for Turid as I think she will enjoy reading about her work with dogs

I am sometimes guilty of being reactive but always try to talk to people in a pleasant way; I prefer to get on with people and not make them feel bad, same as I want them to do to me!

However, I will speak out if I feel something is dangerous, for example. I do believe alpha rolls can be dangerous (apart from anything else) and if Gemma does start to think about that, if a seed is sown, it may well save her one day. I'd hate to read that in 10 years time Gemma was in the news for the wrong reasons, sad ones.

Wys
x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Your definition of bullying is incorrect. Anyone can say they are being bullied, if they feel that they are being bullied. Your statement about victims not being able to get away from them is just not correct I'm afraid.

No it is not incorrect, just a difference of opinion ... you dont have a monopoly on being bullied you know.... you are not the only one who has suffered from such things as a child /adult, in whatever walk of life ...but one does not have to carry the trauma into adult life...

My statement was...... you are not a victim of a bully if you are not there to be bullied.

A bully needs a victim to bully.... if you refuse to be in the vicinity of said bully you cant be bullied. I am not talking about the institutionalised bullies i.e school or workplace... but , such places as this, if one does not see or tune into what one considers a bully, then you are taking away the power to bully

To use myself as an example, at school I was not only physically bullied, but mentally as well. The latter, believe me, is far, far worse and has had repercussions right up until the present day. I have learned how to deal with such situations by simply having a total zero tolerance to myself or others being bullied.

Hence the reason why I felt the need to say something about poor Gemma.

Your point about the Ignore button is a good and valid one.

As I said, being in a school or workplace will make it difficult to walk away from a bully...thats completely different

On a forum, anyone who feels they are bullied or victimized has the power to turn it off, giving them a far greater power over any bully.

Dont get me wrong I am not playing down bullying, a friends son is going through a horrendous time at moment, in school , being bullied.

But there is also the argument Petrina has put, its not always so straightforward.

Anyway we are diversing from the thread... better get back on track
Closed Thread
Page 57 of 84 « First < 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 > Last »