View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:25 PM

Bl**dy Littlewoods!!!Bl**dy Flatpacks!!!

Well, I think you can get the gist from this e-mail I've just sent to them!!! I'm blooming fuuuuuuming mad here, and that poor woman on the phone got the wrath of H just now, Dave was giggling in the background coz he wishes he could be like me, but he's one of life's nicer guys!!!!

My e-mail!
I telephoned yesterday to say the "Porto" 5-drawer chest TE96218 chest had a split right down the LEFT panel. I was told over the telephone that they would ring the warehouse and see if just that panel could be forwarded as a replacement and we will send this one back.

Today my husband started to put together the "Porto" 2-door sliding wardrobe TB9551D, and in the process of course, he filled the whole of our bedroom floor with this wardrobe so that he could check the pieces. He then found that half the hardware was missing, i.e. the running gear for the doors. So again I had to telephone your enquiries department at 16.05 pm today. I explained about the chest of drawers yesterday and apparently NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE according to your records???? I am then told that they could not send a replacement until this one was returned!!! Considering my husband spent the entire day yesterday putting up these two chest of drawers WHICH I HAVE PAID FOR, there is no way in this world that he is going to take it all apart just to put one side panel on the 5 drawer chest!!! She then said it might be possible to send us a new one, we could take out the side panel we need, put in the split one, and send it straight back to you, or is that too simple??? I then explained to her about the missing wardrobe hardware. She told me to hold on for a moment whilst she spoke to her supervisor. I asked her NOT TO CHOP ME OFF. She did!!!!!! She said she would ring me back if she lost me, and I'm still waiting........................................... .........................

Please don't tell me he has to put this wardrobe back into sections after he has spent yet another morning putting it together as much as he can before you can send us JUST A PACKET OF RUNNING GEAR for the doors please that were MISSING.???

I WOULD LIKE A REPLY PLEASE TODAY. I think we have been put through enough inconvenience when we have spent nearly £1,000.00 of our hard earned cash with your company only to have goods which are not FIT FOR PURPOSE, otherwise I shall be contacting the Office of Fair Trading and demanding my cash back!!! I wish I had shopped elsewhere for my new wardrobe suite that we have been saving up for for several months!!!! At least I would have one to use by now, instead of having an obstacle course lying on my bedroom floor for God knows how long in order to get into my bed!

I am NOT happy, and I would like a response from you TODAY please, especially considering the fact that I have already made two telephone calls and am still awaiting a reply from yesterday's call and now a further one today, when she promised she would ring me back if I got chopped off, but then again, I wonder why that was????!!!

Regards, Disgruntled customer

She still hasn't phoned me back either, so they'll be getting phoned every half an hour today until I get a response to my plight!!! Lol!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:31 PM
You go Girl!!!
That's telling them. I would be fuming too. that's the worst thing about flatpacks, we have had similar in the past.

I would be ringing every half hour too, then they will go sick of your call then they might just do something.
It's so disheartning when your looking forward to having a nice new bedroom and then this happens

Elaine xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh dear, oh dear. Wouldn't you think that in this economic crisis they would want to keep customers satisfied.
What a load of rubbish.
Bring back MFI I say. I never had a moments trouble with them.
Hope you gat it sorted soon H.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Just made my return FIRST phone call and this time got a MAN! I had to go through it all over again, the whole chabang but at least he didn't chop me off, and he did re-order the 5 drawer chest and said that when I got it, I would just have to put the split bit in and take the new bit out and send it back, plus I got it over 52 weeks instead of off my credit card so I'm not paying anyways, and I WON'T be paying either if there's a problem when it's returned,that's a certainty!!!

Get this, at the end of the phone call, he asked me if I would be interested in the 2 drawer bedside table, so of course, I told him I've got that WITH THIS SUITE , so then he asks if I would be interested in today's special offers, so I replied, that unless he's got a jumbo box of tranquilisers on his list, no I'm not interested, but he said they don't do tranquilisers!!!!!!! Then the penny dropped and he laughed and said maybe they should add them to their list!!!!! That's an affirmative I think, of maybe some whaky backy! Lol! Gotta laugh! My blood pressure has just gone through the roof I should imagine, and I will NEVER order with them again, that's also an affirmative!!!

Oh, and this is the BEST bit, he only wants to send me a whole great 10 big boxes of double wardrobe, just so we can have our running gear to hang the doors on the one Dave's spent all day putting up!!!!!! I blew a gasket when he told me that, so he's going to phone the warehouse and ask if there's a nice, little, SENSIBLE, man anywhere abouts, who could possibly just pick up a brown paper bag full of the hardware and get it posted off to us!!! Nah, that's too sensible isn't it???!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh they don't do easy do they!!!! Common sense does not exist in the world of flat pack hun.
Hope you get it sorted soon, I am waiting to see the pics. Oh well at least Dave can have the rest of the bank holiday off then, one good thing eh or not as the case may be

Elaine xxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear of your ordeal. There seems to be little in the way of 'customer' care these days.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Trouble I have now is, it's coming on the day he has his angiogramme, so not really the thing to ask him to do when he's just had that is it??!!! i.e. 1st June I could murder them if they were here right now I honestly could! I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't coughed up nearly £1,000 quid!!!!! I should have got it on the never, never, and they could have had it back, like never!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Trouble I have now is, it's coming on the day he has his angiogramme, so not really the thing to ask him to do when he's just had that is it??!!! i.e. 1st June I could murder them if they were here right now I honestly could! I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't coughed up nearly £1,000 quid!!!!! I should have got it on the never, never, and they could have had it back, like never!!!!
You might have been better nipping into a local store and picking something similar already 'up' then the nice delivery man could have put it all in place for you!!!

Oh, on second thoughts, maybe not, they don't do that now do they, health and safety won't let them in case they break a finger nail

Hyachinth Bucket had it right didn't she

Elaine xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Aitch

I'm surprised you buy your furniture from the Littlewoods catalogue.......

How tacky!

I fort you was a laydee.......

*runs for cover*

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:21 PM
You're right there Elaine, they're only allowed to drop it "kerbside" aren't they! I remember the trouble I had when we had the two new sofa's and of course, mum's was going upstairs so I offered them £20, chatted nicely, fluttered my eyelashes, and they said they would do it, but only if it went up FIRST time, not if they had to struggle or anything I said I had measured profusely, so knew it would "go"! Anyways, 2/3rd's of the way up the stairs it got stuck One man up top, one man at bottom, and the man at top said "nope, it's coming back down again" so I ran up the stairs, got behind the man holding the bottom end of it, and said "oh no it isn't" and shoved it with all my might, the poor s*d at the top nearly went through the landing window!!!! Then it was just a matter of one quick turn and voila, into mum's room it went!!!

Another time, I had some window men here who had come to make some adjustment upstairs on the new windows coz they were whistling in the wind, and I just came down for some allen keys they wanted and when I went back upstairs they had gone What I thought?? I went into mum's room, and there she was ordering them about asking them to change her room around for her!!!! LMAO, that's my mum!!!! They did laugh though and they did it too!!! That was 2 years ago, but sadly things have changed, nobody has any common sense anymore, nobody wants to do anything for anybody, they just want to take your money and run don't they!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >