Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2006, 12:42 PM

Tear Stains

What is the best way of reducing brown tear stains on a white boxer? I do clean his facial grooves and they lighten but never go away.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2006, 12:59 PM
You might find that they never go away completely Finn's fade til they are hardly noticeable but are still there. Best way is to clean with warm salted water a few times a day and dry and then keep the eyes dry thereafter.

There are a lot of liquids around that are supposed to help but I get the best results with warm salted water.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
You might find that they never go away completely Finn's fade til they are hardly noticeable but are still there. Best way is to clean with warm salted water a few times a day and dry and then keep the eyes dry thereafter.

There are a lot of liquids around that are supposed to help but I get the best results with warm salted water.
having this prob myself carole ....have orderd some eye envy should arrive anyday ....bicarb and water is said to be very good
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Did you manage to get the liquid in the UK Inca?
pmknco
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I use a product called angelsglow, you can order it online from www.angelsglow.com.

Dita
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Did you manage to get the liquid in the UK Inca?
no from the US ...although i have found out that if you put it in the fridge its last 3-4 months
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Doreen Paige does a natural liquid called banish I use it on my cavaliers & have removed all traces of the staining. You can get it mail order from her website
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I've got banish too but haven't used it yet,also got some bio groom paste stuff that comes with a little brush to cover up eye stains on white dogs,thought it might come in handy when trimming poodles ,westies etc.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:18 PM
When Lily was a pup she had really bad orange staining under her eyes, being Black & white it looked awful, I tried lots of different products but found the only thing that worked was Eye Envy.

It would be interesting to hear if the Banish product works around the mouth too, it says it does, just wondered if anybody had tried it there.

Lily's eyes are fine, but she does have slight orange staining around her mouth
Sunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank you for all your replies. I will try Caroles warn salty water several times a day first then investigate the online remedies. Part of the problem is that Bunter is my 12 year olds dog and she is a mucky little girl with a mucky pup!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >