Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Wednesday 7th March 2018

Hello unless it’s disappeared no daily Thread today?
Hope everyone is ok
Griff did you take your pills today? Hope you’ve gone on ok
It was a sunny day here till teatime then we had a downpour
Lauryn had her tattoo done, says it’s ladt one for a while think that’s to keep her dad quiet
I think it’s lovely
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F5A54487-C951-4BBF-BADF-584BC830DB91.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5953  
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Hello unless it’s disappeared no daily Thread today?
Hope everyone is ok
Griff did you take your pills today? Hope you’ve gone on ok
It was a sunny day here till teatime then we had a downpour
Lauryn had her tattoo done, says it’s ladt one for a while think that’s to keep her dad quiet
I think it’s lovely
OK. Make it this one. We are still in date...........
Been rain off and on today but we, Max and I managed to miss them.

He had to stay at home for a few hours today while we got a couple of hospital visits in. Dermatology and a chest X-ray. Dermatology was fine. X-ray results in about a week.

A week or so ago my GP sent me to a pre-diabetes clinic -
a day a week for six weeks. suggesting that I was borderline diabetic.

OK. I went.
First thing was a blood test and analysis. I was told by the phlebotomist who did the tests that my blood sugar level was normal. I got the results by post today. Anything lower than 41 mmol/mol is considered normal. Mine was 31 mmol/mol.

Relieved of course but I'm a just little irked that my GP got it so wrong. I'm a professional electrical engineer. If I'd made such a gaffe I'd have been discharged, booted, and lost my status.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Evening all. Been nice again today.

Rosie got a mysterious limp for a couple of hours tonight then it disappeared. Maybe she'd slept on it funny, but I'm keeping my eye on her despite her seeming to be OK now.

What did your GP base his diagnosis on, Besoeka? The only real way to test for diabetes is a fasting blood test. Hubby is Type 2.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What did your GP base his diagnosis on, Besoeka? The only real way to test for diabetes is a fasting blood test. Hubby is Type 2.
Had the fasting blood tests too. Nurse doing it said the tests were fine - normal levels. Both my wife and I have checked what is "normal"
Results were fine. I'm not going to sweat it.Two tests contravene his assessment. I'll go withe the test results.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2018, 11:07 PM
The fasting blood test results are the most accurate so you can rest easy for a while. A lot of GPs base on your weight and symptoms and if they suspect, they then do the fasting test to see if their theory is right
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Evening all
Mandy..yep, took the pills and boy I felt rough ...managed to get out and get a couple of bunches of daffs for my neighbour as it's a year since her dad died .. that's tomorrow and 29years since my grandad left me..still miss him like crazy
Chris, deffo keep an eye on the lump
Tell Lauryn I love the tattoo
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah..Kota got her stitches out, all good..3 sedatives and she was a good girl
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2018, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The fasting blood test results are the most accurate so you can rest easy for a while. A lot of GPs base on your weight and symptoms and if they suspect, they then do the fasting test to see if their theory is right
Well, my weight has dropped by 10 kg, all my blood tests are normal. My dear wive makes us Healthy food and 10 miles a day with my hairy beast.......