Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 10:34 AM

Daily Thread Friday 2nd March

Good morning everyone

Hope Gill is feeling more comfortable today Lynn.

Still very cold and windy but so far no snow in fact it seems to be a bit warmer as the patio is now damp. Black ice in places when I walked Teazle so take care out there everyone.

Have made. some fish pies for his lordship (yuk) so now have to find something for my lunch!

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Morning, no snow overnight here, due ours this evening I believe...no buses here earlier but seem to be running now
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Plenty of snow here and the wind has made it drift in places. And it's very cold.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Hubby has just ventured out to Tesco because we're about out of bread and milk ran out yesterday. Been told they have cleared the main road, but there are ice patches. Me? I'm staying locked inside until the white monster has cleared off. The wind is now the beast. Roads close to the seafront are under a lot of sand and trees have come down in town. The winter is certainly going out with a bang this year. Another flood warning this morning. So far so good on that front. Although the sea has come right up to the promenade, it hasn't breached so far. More snow forecast tonight.

Butlins have a 90s weekend on this weekend. Right up to last night is said it was still going ahead then this morning said it was cancelled and they wouldn't be taking on arriving guests. Now that just ain't fair. Most of those people will already be on their way only to be turned away when they get here after some horrendous journeys at a guess.

There have been some remarkable acts of kindness reported. Farmers have been out all night trying to clear the roads, 4 x 4 drivers have been taking medical staff into work and helping out those stuck in their cars in snow drifted roads. It restores your faith in humanity
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Its the Blitz Spirit Chris!! It makes you proud to be British!!

A true story from the Blitz. The East End of London was being heavily bombed. In one area everyone was safe inside the local bomb shelter. One old Cockney lady was clicking away with her knitting needles when there cane a massive explosion very close by .. Oooo she said ... that 'Itler, he is a fidget!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Afternoon everyone still very cold here and very windy still to.
Chris that will be dreadful if people travel a long way only to be turned away.
Nikki your story did make chuckle.

Well Gill not coming home after all today still no care package in place. Although this morning the same thing happened some nurse took it upon herself to get her ready and pack her things telling her she as going home. So she is very depressed.
Stil on ab's not intravenously for now orally. Peter said she looks well in her face but her eyes are sowing she is very ill and her vice weak.
He popped down the canteen to get something to eat but she didn't touch it.

Been out for bits and bobs mostly Dillon's food and treats that along with his supplements we might need to take out a mortgage again.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Awww Lynn, they really shouldn't do things like that, it doesn't take long to pack someone's stuff up anyway and you have all that time to wait for the drugs before discharge. My consultant saw me, asked how I felt and would I like to go home...I asked if he meant that day and when he said yes I threw all my stuff in the bag and said ready...can I go now lol...he said it would be lunchtime...fine, had to wait until 3pm for the pharmacy to sort the drugs
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 05:42 PM
It truly is total incompetence what's going on with Gill, Lynn. How on Earth they think it's fair to treat someone in the end stages of life like this is beyond words. Poor lass. They are making it so very difficult for her
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hubby has just ventured out to Tesco because we're about out of bread and milk ran out yesterday. Been told they have cleared the main road, but there are ice patches.
We are lucky I suppose in that we have a local convenience store within a five minute stroll.Its got most things except not a lot of meats. It's bit more more expensive on average than the supermarkets. You wouldn't starve. And it saves clearing all that white stuff off the car if you only want a couple of things.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Hello everyone. More or less snowed in here. Cars haven't moved in the surrounding streets since Wednesday and very few cars on the main road. Shops are running out of supplies. Sammy loves the snow lol I did the first two days but I find it hard going walking through it and am now getting fed up haha. Have to wear my wellies as my boots are too short. Lots of drifts a couple of feet or more deep.

Sammy refuses to move if I put a coat on him so I look like a cruel mum, me all wrapped up and Sammy with no coat but he doesn't seem to feel the cold. I don't keep him out too long though. I put baby oil on him today and that seemed to stop the snowballs sticking to his legs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >