Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 27th February

Good morning everyone

Hope you managed to get some sleep Griff and that Kota is doing well.

I dont envy you having to go round and break ice on troughs Gordon. Stay safe up there in your snowy wastes.

Snowed a lot over night and some heavy showers this morning. Had a lovely walk with Teazle who play snowploughs We have about 2.5cm (1inch to us oldies)

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 10:27 AM
We haven't risked driving this morning. The snow that's down isn't that bad, about the same as yours Sue, but we keep getting heavy showers and reports of cars in ditches so my guess is that there's ice under the snow. Then, of course, there are the idiots who just don't realise that you can't put your foot down in icy conditions.

Rosie has had a zoomie round the garden - she loves snow.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We haven't risked driving this morning. The snow that's down isn't that bad, about the same as yours Sue, but we keep getting heavy showers and reports of cars in ditches so my guess is that there's ice under the snow. Then, of course, there are the idiots who just don't realise that you can't put your foot down in icy conditions.

Rosie has had a zoomie round the garden - she loves snow.
Quite right not to drive unless you have no choice - and there is always a choice.

It's minus 2C here but mostly sunny. Max and I strolled. Well, I strolled - he did the usual galloping thing. But a short one today. Just two miles. About 40 minutes but it got the business don - in heaps.

Wonderful being the owner of quite a big dog.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Morning all
Sue, i did get a little sleep, the demon dog is back to herself as if nothing at all happened! the inflatable collar came off in the night as they gave my tiny dog a large Lol...i ordered one last night off amazon and it will be here today
No snow here well a tiny little dusting but enough to please the dogs.
My dad is off work today...he has the lurgy...apparently, doesn't sound that bad to me but up to him..he is staying out of my way up stairs
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Good day everyone.
Glad Kota is doing better griff.

Thank you for the lovely comments about Dillon. Harvey most of our forests round here are part of the Thetford forests owned/managed by them. So they all look similar.
We love doing the walks round them peaceful and beautiful.

Chris good plan not to drive in the snow not to bad here so i popped into wisbech to get a few bits roads fine but car park a bit dodgy. Gorden drove to London to work due back Friday but will watch the weather his end and our end and might come back earlier if needs be.
He said roads were fine all the way there. He has done a combination of nasty back roads and the motorway and A14.
Gordon horrible having to break ice at that time of the morning use to do it many years ago when looking after horses.
I was a good deal younger and like it you never bothered me then it would now though.

Hospital wanted to discharge Gill today as they say now she is rehydrated she is well enough to go home. They admit they know it was a 4 day turnaround this time that she is end of life but still want to send her out.
Peter is now battling for proper care at home for her or hospice care feel he has his work cut out there. Just a distressing state of affairs really.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to and keep warm and safe.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Hello all
Had a catch up
Lynn sorry to hear about Gill, hopefully the Home or hospice care is sorted soon without too much battle. Thinking about you all
Griff hope Dakota is ok too
We’ve had snow not huge amounts but Rosie loved it
Been down to the doctors with Lauryn to get them to fill in a form about her mental health issues ( anxiety & depression) for uni. Lauryn has accepted the place at Anglia Ruskin ( Cambridge campus) & Derby, but she can’t sort accommodation till the doctor fills the form in - guess what though they charge! And originally said could take 21 days, till I explained that that is no good to her & why! So hopefully should be done in a day or 2
Hope everyone is well, will try and pop on more frequently.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Lynn, really hope a hospice can take Gill xx
Awww Mandy, anxiety and depression is awful... Steve has it and I can't get him to accept treatment, we go through ups and downs at least every 6weeks, I feel it beginning to happen again
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 07:55 PM
My lad had to get a letter from the GP before he could get his bus pass. It cost me £16 for a two line letter. Stinks, doesn't it?
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My lad had to get a letter from the GP before he could get his bus pass. It cost me £16 for a two line letter. Stinks, doesn't it?
It does, dread to think how much 2 forms will cost then
But if it gets her the right help & accomodation it’s worth it I suppose
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, really hope a hospice can take Gill xx
Awww Mandy, anxiety and depression is awful... Steve has it and I can't get him to accept treatment, we go through ups and downs at least every 6weeks, I feel it beginning to happen again
It’s not fun although she’s much better since she’s been on
citalopram. Shame Steve won’t get help, but you can’t force them unfortunately
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >