Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 11:28 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 24th February

Good morning everyone

Sorry to read about Gill and hope she is a little better today.
Good that you moved when you did as whilst building working is going out no chance of a sale and also you lovely view would be spoilt.

Our village is up in arms at the moment as a developer is trying to build on land that is of special scientific interest and a flood plain and the council don't seem to be that worried. The fact that this would add another 160 odd houses to an already over stretch infrastructure doesn't ring alarm bells with them. We already have nearly 400 new houses being built with no new facilities but then majority of the councillors do not live anywhere near here so it doesn't affect them

Good luck at the vets with Kota (?) Griff

Lovely here today but very cold. No frost but the ground is rock hard. Took the opportunity to cut part of a tree down but then I lost my feet (if you see a pair please return). Will try and do a bit more tomorrow before the weather sets in on Monday.

Hope all are keeping well

Hve a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks sue...yep Dakota is Kota...I am dreading it, she doesn't do well at all at the vets and then there's the bill.
Got to pop out and buy chicken as we forgot all about it
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2018, 01:27 PM
[quote=Sue L;2930545]
Our village is up in arms at the moment as a developer is trying to build on land that is of special scientific interest and a flood plain and the council don't seem to be that worried. The fact that this would add another 160 odd houses to an already over stretch infrastructure doesn't ring alarm bells with them. We already have nearly 400 new houses being built with no new facilities but then majority of the councillors do not live anywhere near here so it doesn't affect them {/quote]
It does to the extent that it will generate more revenue for them.

Good luck at the vets with Kota (?) Griff

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Lovely here today but very cold. No frost but the ground is rock hard. Took the opportunity to cut part of a tree down but then I lost my feet (if you see a pair please return). Will try and do a bit more tomorrow before the weather sets in on Monday.
Don't blame me! I'm an electrical guy - we haven't used feet for decades..........
Hope all are keeping well
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Our village is up in arms at the moment as a developer is trying to build on land that is of special scientific interest and a flood plain and the council don't seem to be that worried. The fact that this would add another 160 odd houses to an already over stretch infrastructure doesn't ring alarm bells with them. We already have nearly 400 new houses being built with no new facilities but then majority of the councillors do not live anywhere near here so it doesn't affect them
Sue it's truly terrifying isn't it

No houses should be built on a known 'flood plain' it is just building up a problem in years to come. A 'flood plain' is not something dreamed up it is a scientific and technical fact, how councils can just ignore it amazes me.

160 houses will undoubtedly include about 10% so called 'social housing' i.e. 16 houses and any social services person will tell you (off the record) that 10% of them will be a problem, (90% of SS workers time is taken up with 10% problem families on their books) and before anyone jumps in that means 90% (say 15) are good honest people.

BUT it also means at least ONE house will be occupied by a trouble maker, drug dealer, thief, or some other parasite.

And if that one house is built at the back of yours what recompense do you have..............I'll tell you....NONE.

Like you say all the councellors live many miles away and in houses not subjected to the maniac council drive to build every where and anywhere (As long as it's not in their backyard )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Dakota is Kota...I am dreading it, she doesn't do well at all at the vets and then there's the bill.
Will be thinking of you. I know Casey gets stressed up when in the vets, doesn't help that the consulting room is very small (and he is quite big ) and his pulse rate always goes up.

I can't remember the name but there is an organisation that can help with vet bills (in certain circumstances.)

Maybe someone on here will know the name and you could contact them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Aww thanks Harvey, she is insured but I have to pay the 85 excess on each issue, sadly each lump is a separate claim!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Didn't think we'd get out today, but we did, albeit this afternoon instead of this morning. Lovely and sunny and although cold, not as cold as it has been.

We had to wait in for my new mattress to be delivered. I bit the bullet and bought a memory foam one (all foam so no damned springs). I just hope I can get used to it. Can't put it on the bed until tomorrow as it has to have 24 hours to puff up. It can't be any worse than some of the disasters I've bought (hopefully).
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Good luck Chris!!