Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 14th February

Good morning everyone

I am pleased all your furry family are doing well at Tess, been there and got the t-shirt! Teazle is looking a bit like a Tazmanian Devil too, soon be time to give her a strip.

Hope you are going to be a good girl today Griff and also enjoy the curry.

Lovely here this morning. Had to pour warm water on the recycling bin as frozen solid. Nothing planned today as friend is coming this afternoon so a good chat will be had and the world put to rights

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Grey here so Good morning Sue and send the sun this way. Off out for lunch with my friend Margaret. Going to the local hostelry Miller and Carter. Oo Sue you heard as it is brightening up just a bit. Later it is suppsoed to be wet and windy. So although I will be wet inside hopefully not windy. rofl!! Have a good day all. Celebrating Chinese New Year on Friday. Year of the Dog.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Yes it is going to be a bit of a wind tunnel here this afternoon with Sue and friend chatting away. Problem is I sit between them on different settee so get it in stereo.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Lol Tumbleweed...i bet you love it really!!
Sue, yup...been good, the 10 evil tablets have just been taken
Brenda, enjoy miller and carter, ours is awful, me and steve went and it was dirty, the staff rude and we waited for 20 mins to try and pay the bill...he said we should just walk out as they obviously didn't want the money Lol
have to pop out for a loaf later, how exciting is my life!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Sue, yup...been good, the 10 evil tablets have just been taken...............

Brenda, enjoy miller and carter, ours is awful, me and steve went and it was dirty, the staff rude and we waited for 20 mins to try and pay the bill...he said we should just walk out as they obviously didn't want the money Lol
I was going to remind you as well

Don't have miller & carter around here, in fact we don't have any places within reasonable distance, and SWMBO and I don't like to leave the dogs on their own so we just eat at home

So dear old Casey is sat behind me doing his 'whining' thing, it's one of the ways he tells me that it's W-A-L-K-Y time Just have to give in, see you all latter.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Good afternoon all. I take it all your mail boxes have been overloaded this morning . Happy Valentine's Day.

Very, very cold here today and the wind bites straight through.

Same old, same old here, but the good news is that the tap that is my nose has slowed down so hopefully this awful cold is well on the way out - fingers crossed
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Awww Chris, hope that's it and it's going...i believe chicken soup is good for colds/flu
Lol yeah, poor postman is going to end up with a permanant stoop due to the amount of mail he had to carry to my door this morning Lol
Awwwww cheers Harvey...i am trying to be good, even taking iron tablets!! something is amiss though, i am utterly exhausted i am apparently a month late in seeing my consultant...no appointment sent and it will be around a month before i can get in and i really don't want to go when my mum and dad are in america. Hope you don't get too wet on your walk
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Hello all
Weather is awful here, wet & windy with rain & snow
We’ve been into town quick, gave Tony his valentine card I don’t bother usually but I got him tickets for us both to see John Bishop on March 17th he was really surprised & happy
The only mail I got this morning was a reminder to book my asthma review
LG good hear your dogs are all doing well, reading it to Lauryn & she said Fagin sounds just like her - don’t like people
Griff hope you are ok, I think they should get you in quickly to see your consultant seeing as they’ve not sent you an appointment!
Chris hopefully your cold is on its way out now
Losos hope you had a good walk with Casey
Brenda hope you have a good time with your friend
Sue enjoy your chat with your friend & Tweed bet you love it really
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Absolutely fuming at the customer service offered these days. Ordered a new bed for my lad from Tesco, but it is one of their partners. No mention about any special problems with delivery to an upstairs flat.

Email received to say it will be delivered Friday, but they won't take it upstairs. 'Phoned them to say nothing about this was mentioned and my lad is handicapped. Asked if they can 'phone when they are on the way as delivery is between 8 am and 6 pm. Told to 'phone back tomorrow and they will request it but can't guarantee it.

I am so mad about this. It's the first time I've ever had a problem of this sort
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Awww Chris, that is bad, my aunty ordered a kitchen through Tesco...it was also a partner company who supplied and fitted...she ended up on TV with that Dom bloke on don't get done get Dom !!! Took a bloody TV appearance to get things put right. My dad used to work for Curry's and they had to carry big American fridges up to top floor flats...they always managed it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >