Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh no.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Have you given her a deadline on moving date, Helena? For example, if we haven't heard from your solicitor by such and such a time and date then we will have to go with the 11th as I that is the deadline the removal people have given me to firm up a date? I'd also add, 'obviously, if we can't go on the 4th, we will have to forego the deal for the furniture as I will incur storage costs for my own belongings for the delayed week'. It may just gee her up a little
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 07:01 PM
How frustrating, I should think you are ready to strangle her by now!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh no.
I know!!!

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Have you given her a deadline on moving date, Helena? For example, if we haven't heard from your solicitor by such and such a time and date then we will have to go with the 11th as I that is the deadline the removal people have given me to firm up a date? I'd also add, 'obviously, if we can't go on the 4th, we will have to forego the deal for the furniture as I will incur storage costs for my own belongings for the delayed week'. It may just gee her up a little
Well, sort of Chris, we said that it had to be sorted this week so that I could pop in and give her the money this Saturday when she and I are both up in Hastings. She knows about us foregoing the deal if she doesn't agree to the 4th, I say it time and time again in my e-mails to her. She'll probably leave it to the last minute, my solicitor has asked that we have at least 24 hours notice of any completion date (up to that 11th when it's our anyway!). Knowing her as I do, she will probably leave it all until about next Wednesday because she is supposed to be going on holiday on the 3rd for 4 days to Portugal It's really a toss up as to what she will decide with our date, and she could well be sitting on that plane with our key in her handbag lol! I've told her agent that she MUST make sure they get a key off her for the time of our completion otherwise she will be in breach of contract and we will be smashing a window!!! This is quite unbelievable isn't it, but then I've heard so many stories from friends now that it really isn't unbelievable as it all sounds!!!

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
How frustrating, I should think you are ready to strangle her by now!
I was ready to strangle her a long time ago Gerri, now I can only sigh and laugh when she mails me, coz I know what it's going to say before I even read it!!!

Thank goodness for my own constitution, it's very lighthearted, otherwise I'd be well under the floorboards by now, swinging from a very large piece of rope, of ordering a big box of razorblades wouldn't I!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Phew! Well, with Dave's help today, we've managed to see the light at the end of that very long tunnel, and I can now hardly move in this room for boxes upon boxes, but at least it's now all packed up and almost ready to go.

We got the 4th!!!! Yayyy!!! Went up there yesterday to the house to hand over her cash, and seeing it almost empty for the first time, I loved it even more, I came over quite emotional, and I can honestly say, out of all the houses we've owned over the years, I have never felt so "at home" as I do in this new one just by walking in that front door. The woods look even more beautiful across the road now that the trees are coming out in their finery, and I stood on that balcony out the front and just awwwed at it all! I also realised, that my little gateway to heaven, i.e. the access into those woods is nearer than I thought, a matter of yards up the road, so although uphill (again!!!) it's not far to get into them. Zena will be in absolute heaven in there, it's not only got a running stream, but lakes and even a blooming waterfall in Bears Ghyll at the bottom of st helens wood, absolutely perfick, and I just can't wait now.

I've found a forum for people moving to the area, set up by the local council, so I'll be in there trying to find new friends with dogs to show me the way around, and if I thought I was spoiled for choice here for my dog walking, I'm going to be even more spoilt over that way by the looks of it. So much more green space in East Sussex than West Sussex, and lots of woodland and lakes, and it's those lakes I've been hankering after now that I have a water baby, I will have to take the camera out with me again when I start off on my morning jaunts!

Well, 4 days to go now, and I'll be offline till I set up me dongle on the puter, no phoneline over there for 3 weeks, so no internet, but she did actually give me the number yesterday after much more grovelling, because Sky couldn't pick it up like they normally can to start the process off - that was no surprise!

I asked my solicitor on Friday when I popped in there whether this is "normal" the way we've had to negotiate so strongly with this mad woman and she said "no, it's not normal at all"!!!! See, I was right again then!!!! Can only happen to me can't it.

Anyhoo, will have a very busy week, wish me luck on Friday with the move, and I'll be putting up some pics as soon as the puter is all set up once I've settled in. Soooooooooooooo exciting, haven't done this for 25 years and I doubt whether I will ever be doing it again after the trauma we've had with this purchase, BUT, it's taught me so, so much, it'll probably be a doddle next time around! You never know, once we've done the kitchen and bathroom we might even put it back on the market if we don't like it over there coz we can't find our way around!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2012, 05:35 PM

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Fanks grandma, it's been a long old slog has this one, I just hope it's all been worth it, and I'm sure it has! Another nail in me coffin then!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Yay! Finally!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2012, 05:44 PM
At last. We can all uncross fingers and toes now then ?

Wonderful I am very happy for you. Xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Hurrah!! I am so pleased its all finally come together. I hope the actual moveing goes smoothly for you and that you Dave and Zena will be very happy there.
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >