View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Just seen this helena, great news, sounds like it couldn't have worked out better!! And the cheap bills, your making me want to live in one!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 12:28 PM
H - while I was looking for prospective small hill farms or smallholdings as an investment for us to buy (hopefully in the near future) in the Highlands or Highland Perthshire area, look what I found

http://www.bellingram.co.uk/properties/show/559

It would be perfect for you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Kirsty, Yes I could see H running that place, but for half the money she could be the owner of an entire village, tennis courts, swimming pool, bistros, and even a village hall

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ent...A3278-000.html

I'm sure there's a coat of arms that goes with it too I can just see Helena as 'Lady of the Manor'
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Sounds like its all going to plan and lucky that you can have dog(s) at the park and live there all year round.

Re: selling your furniture I have a very suspicious nature so agree with Losos' advice about having Dave (or Zena) there, not to worry you but just to be sensible.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Kirsty, Yes I could see H running that place, but for half the money she could be the owner of an entire village, tennis courts, swimming pool, bistros, and even a village hall

I'm sure there's a coat of arms that goes with it too I can just see Helena as 'Lady of the Manor'
Oh 'eck - would that me we 'aster curtsey to 'er?
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Wow.......how gorgeous is that bungalow. I am dead jealous. Do hope it all goes well for you, but if not one door shuts and another one opens as they say....hope the 'travellers' don't cause you any hassle...don't even get me started on that one...... take care.....xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
H - while I was looking for prospective small hill farms or smallholdings as an investment for us to buy (hopefully in the near future) in the Highlands or Highland Perthshire area, look what I found

http://www.bellingram.co.uk/properties/show/559

It would be perfect for you
Thanks for that Kirsty, but we don't have half a million and we've already done the guesthouse bit with a big 10 bedroom place, and Dave couldn't stand having people about the house again, so it's a no go-er, although I would love another guest house, but a small one!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post

Lol! Harvey, you know me too well, and although that's right up my street, I don't like the sound of those squatters and theives roaming about the place, and look at all that work I'd have to do, mowing all those lawns, cleaning all those houses!!! Thanks, but no fanks!!!

Originally Posted by twix View Post
Sounds like its all going to plan and lucky that you can have dog(s) at the park and live there all year round.

Re: selling your furniture I have a very suspicious nature so agree with Losos' advice about having Dave (or Zena) there, not to worry you but just to be sensible.
We couldn't live at Beauport all year round, coz they close Jan/Feb which would mean we would be homeless if we hadn't found our bricks and morter by then, or decided to stay. We'd have to B&B it for 2 months I suppose, and quite honestly, although I can see myself as trailer trash, Dave is definitely not!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Oh 'eck - would that me we 'aster curtsey to 'er?
YES!!!!! .... and mind you do it proply!!!!!

Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Wow.......how gorgeous is that bungalow. I am dead jealous. Do hope it all goes well for you, but if not one door shuts and another one opens as they say....hope the 'travellers' don't cause you any hassle...don't even get me started on that one...... take care.....xxxx
Well, regarding the suspect "buyers" for my table, she actually rang me yesterday coz she wanted to give me £500 without even taking the goods until the end of next week That's gotta be a FIRST hasn't it??? Surely, they usually do it the other way around, but missing the 2nd bit lol!!!

Now, some news, not very good if I'm honest I rang the agents yesterday to see what's going on, and apparently, my buyer's buyers are currently sorting out the outgoings on their property and they will be making a final decision by the end of this week, so let's hope it's a good one for our sake, otherwise, we'll be back on the bladdy market, all those people trapsing through my house again, and I don't know if I could stand it all again!!!

I e-mailed the agent for that bungalow asking for a viewing on Saturday for Dave, but so far no answer and that was yesterday. I expect they're fed up with me cancelling and then telling them we're in a good position now with our own cash buyers, but maybe it's a good job they haven't answered me, coz our situation could all change yet again by tomorrow!

Oh these agents really get up my nose, why can't they just be honest and straightforward with things!!! When she rang me the other day, it was all go, they were definitely buying it, but she had changed her tune when I rang yesterday, it was all back up in the bladdy air!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Little tip, Helena, if you haven't got a cast iron decision by Monday, get it back on the market.

I've been pratted about too much with the last house to take anything at face-value any more. Also, if you can, push for an early exchange of contracts, that way you are more or less guaranteed that the final contract will take place and you can finally relax
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh these agents really get up my nose, why can't they just be honest and straightforward with things!!! When she rang me the other day, it was all go, they were definitely buying it, but she had changed her tune when I rang yesterday, it was all back up in the bladdy air!!!
Helena, we've been through all this every time we've moved, and that has been more times than I want to think about

Last time it was us telling the agent that the prospective buyer was a wanna be property developer who could not raise the finance, but do you think he would listen, would he heck the buyer only needed a £50K mortgage (he claimed) and this was when they were handing out 120% mortgages to people with no job, no assets, and no prospects

Just take a few deep breaths, cuddle up to Zena, and have a glass of something on me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Little tip, Helena, if you haven't got a cast iron decision by Monday, get it back on the market.

I've been pratted about too much with the last house to take anything at face-value any more. Also, if you can, push for an early exchange of contracts, that way you are more or less guaranteed that the final contract will take place and you can finally relax
Thanks for the advice Chris, much appreciated, only I haven't dealt with estate agents for 25 years, but I hadn't forgotten just quite how they work (or rather how they don't!!!).

Now I don't know whether I've done right or wrong here, but I do remember my agent saying yesterday that there is also a matter of "a couple of grand further" that they want to try and get out of their cash buyer, which begs me to believe, that they have NOT yet in fact accepted this cash offer and yet on the other hand, my agent said that it's just a matter of their buyers finding out about the maintenance charges and then all will be fine.

Soooo, I've just mailed my agent and said although they haven't yet asked the million dollar question, I'm going to ask it for them! If we were prepared to drop our price by that "couple of grand" mentioned over the phone yesterday, would it help them to decide to actually accept their cash offer and go ahead? It makes sense to me, because this bungalow we are interested in, has now been reduced by £25K, I've just spoken to that agent who is going to fit Dave in on Saturday morning to view, they are desperate to sell because it HAS to be sold if you know what I mean, the family are all involved, so we could actually get it for a song considering we wouldn't be in any chain! Anyway, I've done it lol, dunno what Dave's gonna say, but his face will drop a tad!!! I'm only talking £5K for us to drop here, but it will save all the hassle of putting us back on the market if it works

Gimme strength!!!!
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »