Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 07:55 PM

A garden update

Well work progressed on the garden this week and today i worked me socks off getting stuff done ready for the top soil being delivered so here's where we're at:

Raised Bed is built:

Me building me new cheapo greenhouse:

The finished result:

The spot behind the shed gets quite a lot of sun surprisingly so will see how it goes behind there. Have also planted my tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers and sunflowers today.

We also put the netting up along the railings of the decking so the beans and peas have something to help them grow up. Now all we need is the top soil to be delivered and stage 2 will start!!

Still no lawn yet though
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Brilliant! Have been wondering how you've got on. Am very excited about the progress, well done you!!

I'll be interested to see how the beans grow/look, I think that's a great idea!

Ours is nearly finished. It should be all done tomorrow so watch out for some before and after pics (it looks AMAZING!!)
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks, i'm rather chuffed with how it's all coming on. I can't wait to get the bed filled with soil and Rich bought the greenhouse as a surprise so was really pleased with that.

I've worked non-stop turning the earth today in the bed and getting stuff planted. Was such a nice day as we all spent time together which made a nice change!

Can't wait to see pics of your garden Em!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
That's so nice of Rich, bless him. Very impressed!

Just shown Neil the pics of Monty helping out and he cracked out. I think he's in love too. Monty is such a dude!

Looking forward to early June walkies if we're still on! Will have to resist the urge to bring my board along as everytime I get near Saunton I surf usually!! It's all about the dog now ;o)
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Looking good! it will be so worth it when you are done?

Just out of interest, where did you order your topsoil as i'm going to need some myself in a couple of months and looking for a good deal.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:31 PM
A local firm about 7 miles up the road from us, i'd offer you the link but they seem to be struggling to organise delivery 7 miles so god only knows what it'd be like further afield!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
A local firm about 7 miles up the road from us, i'd offer you the link but they seem to be struggling to organise delivery 7 miles so god only knows what it'd be like further afield!!
LOL thanks anyway, I was thinking that locally would be the best bet, just making sure! Hope it comes soon!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Holy moley, you have been busy, well done. Hope it all grows well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
You are working hard it will look really good.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
That's so nice of Rich, bless him. Very impressed!

Just shown Neil the pics of Monty helping out and he cracked out. I think he's in love too. Monty is such a dude!

Looking forward to early June walkies if we're still on! Will have to resist the urge to bring my board along as everytime I get near Saunton I surf usually!! It's all about the dog now ;o)
Definitely up for that, bring the board if you want as Rich will probably surf!

Originally Posted by random View Post
LOL thanks anyway, I was thinking that locally would be the best bet, just making sure! Hope it comes soon!
We looked at some online companies but they were rather pricey!! Can't remember which ones but it was the first few when typing in "turf and top soil" on google

Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
Holy moley, you have been busy, well done. Hope it all grows well
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
You are working hard it will look really good.
Thanks, i've worked hard today. Still got loads to do yet though! Can't wait to get the lawn installed as well but reckon thats a few weeks off.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >