View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:05 AM
The kitchen was my bloomer here. I hate the units (which looked lovely in the showroom ) and I made the mistake of getting a slimline dishwasher.

I'm working on it - my Dave will think it's all his idea by the time we get to changing it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:12 AM
...and now you've gone and depressed me again there Chris, coz you've just reminded me I'll have to wash up until we get the kitchen done , and I haven't done that for many years!!!!

I won't be going for a slimline model in my kitchen then! Dave's into that bergundy/cream gloss kitchen, but that's probably only because he's so in love with his new double garage that has a bergundy door!!! I know where he's gonna be on his 4 days off a week - that suits me fine!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Couldn't do without me dishwasher - nope, no way! Even if it is too small
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:18 AM
.....but then there's always Zena, she's good at licking plates clean lol!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Couldn't do without me dishwasher - nope, no way! Even if it is too small
I must be weird then as the one thing I have never wanted is a dishwasher! [Actually I would not have room for one in my kitchen - I do not even have a proper cooker!]
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Gooood Grief......just read right from the start and I need a lie down now. I seriously don't know how you kept your cool through all this. I'm so pleased for you that it's all sorted out now......just the last piece of the jigsaw to go now, THE MOVE!!!!!!!! Hope it all goes well and happy new home to you all, it sounds absolutely beautiful xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Lou

Thanks Chris, and thanks for all your advice and support which helped me through. Glad to hear your present home gave you the same feeling that this one gives me, I wonder if that's because it's our last home so to speak, it could be because we will really be "going home" from here!!!

I can't wait to get the paint brush out and change all those yellows and blues to my nice, calm mocha's. Then there's that new kitchen and bathroom to dream about, and plush new carpet, oooooooooooooh can't wait!!! The only difference this time around being we won't have the cash cosh she's stole it all lol!
A cream one again? With Zena's muddy paws ...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Gooood Grief......just read right from the start and I need a lie down now. I seriously don't know how you kept your cool through all this. I'm so pleased for you that it's all sorted out now......just the last piece of the jigsaw to go now, THE MOVE!!!!!!!! Hope it all goes well and happy new home to you all, it sounds absolutely beautiful xx
Nor do I Gill, and I've been keeping her sweet right up to now, I can't believe it myself whereas Dave is ready to strangle her or worse!! I might get my karma when it's actually MINE on friday though!!! She's bound to appear somewhen or other!! Thanks Gill, it really is a beautiful bungalow.xxx

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
A cream one again? With Zena's muddy paws ...
Lol, and I said never again, but this house already HAS exactly the same oatmeal colour as we have now, and MY bedroom is almost white!!!! Won't be for long will it Lucky!!! Strangely enough, Zena doesn't make muddy paw prints indoors, probably coz she goes in her pool before we come indoors coz she's a water baby and loves to cool off with a good scrabble in it which cleans her belly as well (I've taught her well haven't I!!!! ).

When it comes to us getting new, I quite fancy a nice charcoal grey next time around! xxx
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
.....but then there's always Zena, she's good at licking plates clean lol!
Absolutely, it's known as pre-wash in this house
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Oh H, what a nightmare , and one I fear may well happen to us too

We accepted an offer about 7 weeks ago, the survey still hasn't been done on this and we have the agents chasing us to get the one done on the bungalow, which we offered on 4 weeks ago.

Our buyer is a high ranking policewoman but she has some buy to let properties with her brother and the lender has had her chasing her tail asking for one document after another. We heard on Monday that everything was now sorted and she has got her mortgage subject to survey, but she can't get the Woolwich to organise the survey, she keeps getting fobbed off.

I've been dealing with everything but Clive threw a wobbly at the weekend and said that he would put the house back on the market if it wasn't sorted this week. Something I am loath to do as it was a year yesterday that we 1st put it on, I don't want another year of these stairs, I want my little bungalow with an acre paddock for Hen

Hopefully, once the surveys are done, it will all go smoothly as our buyer is in rented and our bungalow is a holiday home so no chain that side.

It really is frustrating though that people can't just get their fingers out. If it were left to joe public to do all the things necessary, I bet we would all move a lot quicker.

All the very best in your new home, I hope it is everything you are hoping for and that you will all be so very happy there xxx
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >