Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2015, 08:18 PM

Ford S Max advert.

Anyone seen this advert? What did you think of it?
I didn't like the way the boot was opened automatically for the dog to leap out and run loose in front of/and beside the car.
Too many dumbos who will think this is a good idea
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Don't think I've seen that one will watch out for it. It is a very stupid thing to advertise.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2015, 09:06 PM
I've seen it Jenny, as you say it is stupid, trouble is the advertising standards authority won't do anything because it's already had a preview with them and they would have to go back on their word if they were to ban it. TV advertising is aimed at the mass market you wouldn't think people are influenced by it but they are

ETA:-
Ford = Fixed Or Repaired Daily
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2015, 09:33 AM
My car has remote rear tailgate lift, either by key fob or touching the power lift button inside the car or the one on the boot. Absolutely fantastic, approach the car and press the key fob and by the time of getting to the car the boot is open, brilliant.

It is the people that break the law by not securing the dog away from the driver (securing being the operative word) is the problem not the way a tailgate opens

Highway code rule 57 states quote

"When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars." unquote
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2015, 09:47 AM
My tailgate will open on the key fob or from within the car, however it just clicks open, and I would have to lift it up for them to come out, I've taught them to wait anyway whilst the boot is open and they don't come out till I tell them. Not seen the adv, but surely the boot doesn't open right up
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2015, 11:04 AM
TW

A proper car does this remotely ( Nissan xtrail Tekna year 2014 ) top of the range and car of the year from What Car 2014 in class.

Mine

The noise on the closing was not the tailgate but the open door I was shooting through
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
It is the people that break the law by not securing the dog away from the driver is the problem not the way a tailgate opens
I think Nippy was making the same point i.e. The dog jumped out of the car and ran around the side and appeared to have no lead on. As I read it she was not commenting on the way the tailgate opens.

Has anyone noticed that you can't really buy a proper estate car anymore Things like the old Volvo 444 and Citroen XM the one shown is not what I call a proper estate car
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
A proper car does this remotely
It might do it remotely, and that might be useful sometimes, but look how much the entry is restricted by the weird shape of the tailgate. A proper estate car has virtually a rectangular entrance 'hole' and that means you can put boxes in that fit between the sides.

Same with the back windows, can your back windows wind down or are they the side hinged type
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2015, 12:32 PM
It is a crossover not an estate but is a 7 seater car
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2015, 01:06 PM
my dads 5 series msport has a boot and the lid will pop open on the remote....first time he did it he nearly bl**dy decapitated me Lol.
it is a handy thing i guess and i see you point about showing the dog leaping out and running round...would have been easier to have him/her in a car crate...perhaps an optional extra you could buy direct from the dealership...thing is though, if you go to any park there will always be some pillock there who just opens the tailgate/door and lets the dog go. I haven't seen the advert yet...well i don't think i have so will keep my eye open
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >