Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2023, 09:00 AM

Monday 6th February 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday. Mine was a mixture of diaster and okness. I decided that I must wash my bathroom mat but the only problem was the machine didn't like just one item and wouldn't stop just going around slowly. So had to stop machine and take out sopping wet mat and fortunately my neighbour friend from the flat below put it in her machine with some of her washing that needed spinning and hey presto it is now dry this morning. I have also done some other washing and the machine behaved itself because yep lots of washing. Pesky machine. Anyway the sun is shining but there has been a weather warning for ice and frost till tomorrow sometime. So stay warm peeps and be carfeul when venturing out tomorrow. Going now for a late walk. Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2023, 09:09 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very frosty and cold here today apparently it is because of the snow moon/Winter moon we can expect a cold snap.
The moon was stunning last night.
Gorden has just left with the print out from the RAC of the car problem we encountered yesterday due to the job not being done properly when it was at the garage last week.

brenda I have had that before and if ever if I want to wash a mat now I put it in with some other washing.
Chris I am thinking of you today and hoping your Sister is making signs of recovery.
Kazz have a good day, another day of plant planning ?
griff hope all is well with you.
Sue I hope the school run if you were on duty was not to icy and cold.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2023, 10:35 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

I have had that too Brenda so now make sure I have a few things in he machine. Enjoy your walk

Hope Gorden gets a good answer and perhaps a refund on part of the bill. We had that once with a car. Back from the garage and there was this knocking sound one side. Turns out the idiots had left a spanner on the bleed nipple of the brakes. We were lucky that the brakes did not fail.

Hope your sister is improving Chris. Hugs to you and the family

Lovely and sunny here. Teazle walked and an hour in the garden. Now waiting for someone to come and give a quote for a new front door. Might also ask how much it would cost to build a porch. Have had one quote but for only half the work so we have to guess what the rest will cost. Not doing it!

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2023, 10:50 AM
A frikend of mine who has now passed away hard his car serviced at a garage. when he got it back it didn't feel right. Took it back to the garage and said it needed a new rear back axle transfer box costing well into 4 figures

So he got an independant mechanic to check. What the garage had done was loosen the 4 bolts on the flange at the back of transfer box which made the two halves judder.
Years ago working on cars like the Morris Minor was a breeze, even down to replacing main bearing shells. No engine part was impossible to work on, Now even lifting a car bonnet as about as far as one can go
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2023, 11:13 AM
I know I was stupid and not thinking as it has happened to me before on my old machine years ago. Oh well lesson learned. Another lesson learnt this morning, stop watching Call the Midwife as I always end in tears. And last evening when Vera was at the end and they played Last Post. Does music get to you?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2023, 12:13 PM
Yes brenda music gets to me.

Well the car is back in the garage. The bolt was whole when it left the owner checked so her and Gorden are thinking the apprentice tightened it to hard which made the head snap off, or it is possible it was at the end of its life.
The apprentice who worked on the car insists he put the ring on so the whole boot is coming off and they will be looking for the ring or bits of it.
RAC fella checked Gorden took photos and there were no bits or a ring so we shall see.
The owner checked everything before it left and it looked good but unfortunately it was not checked before being put together.
It was the apprenticeships torch his own which he left in the wheel arch we think they must be magnetic.
Anyway not satisfactory but the conversation stopped when the waiting room started to fill up, so we will see what the outcome is.
We have started sourcing other garages in case we lose confidence in this one which will be such a shame, its feeling a bit like the vet situation.

Barry the amount of older folk that say the same about cars.