View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Cain has a crate in the kitchen with a Tuffies bed in the bottom and a soft bed in the living room which is a dog bed cover with a duvet folded in half inside. Cain likes to stretch put so will often hang his head off of his soft bed, or even choose the floor. Although he curls up in the crate occassionally he spends 50% of his time stretched out so I'd prob never buy him a basket with raised sides.

In his crate - normally he curls up over the back. I took the photo cos he looked funny with his head hanging out but it looks like the crate is too small for him - it's not, honest!

can't find a photo of him stretched out, but here he is looking cute cuddling his crab
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:40 PM
..sofa,chair,floor...... or the smallest dog bed they can find
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Mine have Tuffies, exactly the same one as Cain has (even the colour) pictured above!

They probably are not as comfy as a big soft fabric bed, but from a practicality point of view I can't fault them. My girl destroys fabric beds and duvets, so they are a no-go in this house. Not only that but the dogs come back pretty filthy and wet from walks so fabric beds are useless from that point of view anyway.

Tuffies are waterproof, don't go flat, hairs don't stick to them (no dog smell) and they can stretch out fully. Plus they are not very attractive to chewers...my super destructive girly hasn't even attemped to chew them.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:47 PM
As we are sharing pics (so snug):
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Folded duvet with a large piece of vetbed on top for Merlin.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
As we are sharing pics (so snug):
such an unusual looking dog, what breed is he/she?

absoloutly stunning whatever the breed is can you give him/her a big squeezy cuddle from me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 08:14 PM
This is Zena's bed which Georgie never dares get into

and this is the under the stairs one which he likes to climb into at 4.00 am. every morning so Zena hops into hers coz she sleeps here till that time

There's no longer room for two under the stairs coz Zena's grown a bit!

We've upgraded to another Wainwright's bed under the stairs now though, same as Zena's new one, and they can lie stretched out in those, they're huuuuge! Nobody gets on beds or sofa's here, don't know why, they just never have, plus they're not allowed upstairs and they also know that, I like to keep upstairs as a dog free zone.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 08:19 PM
The boys have a sofa each... they curl up with us whilst we're watching TV, then stretch out when we go to bed...

They also have a king sized quilt folded in 2 for the floor, but prefer the sofa...

The kitchen bed has 2 lots of vetbed and assorted fleecey blankets on, but is only used during the day (or when I'm cooking and they need to know what's going on)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Mine sleep on big rectangular leather bean bags, big enough for them to stretch out on. Syd has one to himself as he sleeps on his side with his legs stretched out in front of him while the others sleep curled like a cat so are happy to share one and Diesel my staffie likes to be squashed so finds the smallest possible space between the others and squeezes himself into it.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Zena's bed looks sooooo comfy, Cain would love that! Did you say that's a Wainwrights one?

Ps I never knew Georgie was white. Awwwww
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >