View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

08-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh what are you 2 like lol

Mys, & B/L, how big are the large dogs you know in the wild? what would they catch if the were alone & not in a pack & if in a pack how large is that pack & what proportion of the kill would each dog get? specifically share the deers liver out between a pack of dogs & how much each would one of them get, a rough estimate here would be OK Then tell me just how often that pack would down a deer to eat?? I think small birds & rodents would make up a large percentage of their overall diet So many q`s & way, way OT for this thread, so lets get back to the topic of how much liver should our pet dogs that we are feeding, should get in the luxury of domesticity

I`ve given my opinion on that question & told you both what is working for my dogs & can`t go on repeating myself

Take it or leave whichever is best for your dogs & good luck whatever amount you decide to feed
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Sorry Christine

We had a wee setback this night (2 am) but I think she may have eaten something she shouldnt..

Oh btw, can a hard tummy (if getting too hard) change over so when the poop comes out its mush and runny?

It looked much better when we were out again at 7. 30 am, so I'm not concerned as such.. just curious..
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Hiya Jess

Oh I agree I`m not a fan of expensive supps either But sometimes when needs must.....

Still not convinced cottage cheese can actually aid digestion, but do agree its a very good source of high quality protien thats easily absorbed

A quick link about cottage cheese

http://www.foodsci.uoguelph.ca/dairyedu/cheese2.html

You know we have our own goats & I`ve had a go at cheese making couple of times.......it was a disaster everytime OH was v stoic & said it was ermmm quite nice lol
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 09:09 AM
hello again, i wish i had goats they are such cool animals! (obv not as good as dogs, or i would be talking on goatweb!) lol, sorry.

interesting about cheese, i would love to have a go! I found this about the probiotic effects of lactic acid bacteria (see you don't have to pay the earth to get some!)

http://www.bcdairyfoundation.ca/abou...probiotics.pdf
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Oh dear B/.L

Do you know what it was she ate that she shouldn`t have? Anything in her diet maybe?

I know if people have a bowel prob like IBS then they alternate between being constipated & d/rear, don`t know if it can happen with dogs but imagine so. Well we know it does because I`ve seen a dog have formed poop with d/rear, so have you & others. But there is a prob causing that, just have to try & stop it. With Luna it looks like its her digestive system thats the prob.

So thats about 3-4 days her being normal? You can try her with actimel as well as the cultra if you want
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi Christine

No I dont think its something in her diet. My friend Kamille has a 1œ year old child.. and its not always that her food stays in her hand or her mouth

I dont know if it was some of her leftovers or if she found something to munch on outside.. She's too darn fast for me

Yeah I think I'll try that Actimel too..
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Yep it`d help if we had eyes in the backs of our head as well

See how she goes with actimal as well then
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I will

Have just been out for 50 minutes and no poop, so she isnt having major probs with d/rear....

Oh and today is the day her 4. season has begun. I knew it was coming, she's been peeing all the time on our walks and her hearing seems to be malfunctioning now and again..

I'm off now to get the food I've ordered from Sweden (turkey necks and pork gristle (cartilage?) bones)

And I'll buy some actimel on the way.. How much should I give her of that? Half a jug with the Cultura??
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by jess
hello again, i wish i had goats they are such cool animals! (obv not as good as dogs, or i would be talking on goatweb!) lol, sorry.

interesting about cheese, i would love to have a go! I found this about the probiotic effects of lactic acid bacteria (see you don't have to pay the earth to get some!)

http://www.bcdairyfoundation.ca/abou...probiotics.pdf
Thank you Jess, I will read this when I come home
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 08:07 PM
UPDATE thursday evening:

Was home around 8.30 pm and took Luna down.. It was all normal.. No hint of a mush or anything... I truely am confused

WeŽll I bought the actimel, so I have that.. But didnt need it

Oooh boy them turkeynecks are HUGE!! holy smokes..

Well we are off to bed to watch "fire down below" with Steven Seagal.

Just wanted to give an update
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »