View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Well spoke to the man from house top of lane he had already seen the (bird man) and spoken to him the chap said "I am deterring ground nesters". Man from the house like me did not know you could not do that from March to Sept so armed with my information he is now on the case while I was on the phone another "dog/walker" knocked on his door and informed him of similar.

Seems we are all on the ball.

Yes there are birds of prey up there see them all the time including the owls however this is different, human targeting them with a bird. We get falconers up there a chap who works at the airport etc does his training up there but not in the Summer!! now I know why.

TW Sue my sister has magpies nesting in their neighbours tree at the bottom of her garden they are taking moss of the roof but seem to be adept at pulling the tile supports off her next door neighbour CC's roof not targeting my sisters just CC's maybe because he does not do that sort of maintenance work.

Lynn Have you considered a camera like the bikers runners wear a body cam sort of thing when out with Dillon? Not trying to scare you but useful. My brother wears one when out running., and has one for his helmet I think when biking but the running on clips I think

Griff Hope all is going well.

Moyra Good morning.

Chris Not long now till sitting down for coffee when out,
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Pleased everyone is all over it Kazz...I think sometimes these things go on and people just think it's allowed and then when/if they realise it shouldn't be done.... it's too late, the animals have gone.
No news yet....was funny when I dropped her off as they asked I had been given a quote...I said no, Sharon the nurse asked...are you bothered?? I just laughed and went no. Kota has been the dog from hell, at the beginning it was very nearly the end of me....or her!! I got an excellent ttouch practitoner who helped us figure out a way forward....now, I can't imagine my life without her, yes she turns my hair grey, is still a little sod but she's my little sod
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2021, 02:57 PM
The Sparrows here are a nightmare with pinching the moss from the gutters, mind you it does mean Gorden has less to clear. They drop it everywhere.

Wonder why he would be deterring ground nesters ? Like everything else when breeding season leave them alone, personally I think they should be left alone all year I worry if all this carries on building etc., we will lose our wildlife that will then be the end of us.
Good on you all for being on the case.
I wasn't aware until recently about the not cutting hedges and trees from March to September even less it was a wildlife crime. When I was doing some research about the building on the waste land it came up.
Gave me a lot of ammunition at the meeting, I told the environmental chap I will be watching when they start and if I see one twig touched between the times I will have speed dial to the wildlife crime number.
Also I will not be afraid to go out there and shout at them.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 03:05 PM
Sorry to say Kazz my life is far from idyllic. At times very lonely, probably like a lot of others. But that doesn't help. As to the laws of wildlife etc. If your dog is deemed to be chasing any kind of wildlife you can be in trouble even if the person with the dog says oh hes only playing he won't hurt it. Hm the law won't take kindly. So, unless the guy with the bird of prey has the correct licence he could be in a lot of trouble to. But again if he can prove he is only scaring off birds he is allowed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sorry to say Kazz my life is far from idyllic. At times very lonely, probably like a lot of others. But that doesn't help. As to the laws of wildlife etc. If your dog is deemed to be chasing any kind of wildlife you can be in trouble even if the person with the dog says oh hes only playing he won't hurt it. Hm the law won't take kindly. So, unless the guy with the bird of prey has the correct licence he could be in a lot of trouble to. But again if he can prove he is only scaring off birds he is allowed.
Now thats interesting how do you only scare certain birds but not others if it was against the law to scare people over 5ft6 and within the law to scare people 5ft 2 grey hair (me) and I am in a group of 5ft6" people how do they do that, weird world.

Brenda I think more people than we realise are lonely. I get asked that sometimes however I do not think I am I like my own company however from time to time I think I am I know working helps loads and without it would be sitting crying.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The Sparrows here are a nightmare with pinching the moss from the gutters, mind you it does mean Gorden has less to clear. They drop it everywhere.

Wonder why he would be deterring ground nesters ? Like everything else when breeding season leave them alone, personally I think they should be left alone all year I worry if all this carries on building etc., we will lose our wildlife that will then be the end of us.
Good on you all for being on the case.
I wasn't aware until recently about the not cutting hedges and trees from March to September even less it was a wildlife crime. When I was doing some research about the building on the waste land it came up.
Gave me a lot of ammunition at the meeting, I told the environmental chap I will be watching when they start and if I see one twig touched between the times I will have speed dial to the wildlife crime number.
Also I will not be afraid to go out there and shout at them.
Brilliant information gained and passed on there Lynn Thank you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Hope it works Kazz, at least you have tried and hopefully it will stop if not you have all done your best.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Good afternoon all

Any news yet Kelly? I do hope everything is OK and it's something simple.

Foggy day here all day. Very miserable. Roll on spring proper. Not long now. Got my hat ready for the sunshine
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 04:52 PM
Not yet... just on my way to pick her up, don't know who I am seeing or what/ if anything has been found
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Will eagerly await good news I hope.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >