Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Lovely out. Been for a lovely walk along the beach. Seen lots of early daffodils out. Shame I can't put one on here but you know what I'm like useless at that sort of thing. Have lots of pics but nope can't post one. Have a good day all.
Brenda your days always sound idyllic
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 11:41 AM
Oh just to say the bird was a peregrine falcon found it in a book.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2021, 11:52 AM
Glad you found another nice walk Kazz, always nice when that happens.
Ah yes I suspect he has indeed had a few rough conversations. Not sure he should be doing that it is in fact a wildlife crime to cut hedges and trees now due to nesting. So I guess scaring off the nesting birds is debatable whether it is legal to. Till September.
A lot of developers and construction teams ignore this rule and most are not reported but if they are they can get into a lot of trouble.
Bad enough our countryside is being raped for development and driving wildlife further into urban areas and creating more urban areas for them to contend with, where are these birds supposed to nest ?

I am afraid I would of of been one of those having a rough conversation with him, I despair for our wildlife now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Glad you found another nice walk Kazz, always nice when that happens.
Ah yes I suspect he has indeed had a few rough conversations. Not sure he should be doing that it is in fact a wildlife crime to cut hedges and trees now due to nesting. So I guess scaring off the nesting birds is debatable whether it is legal to. Till September.
A lot of developers and construction teams ignore this rule and most are not reported but if they are they can get into a lot of trouble.
Bad enough our countryside is being raped for development and driving wildlife further into urban areas and creating more urban areas for them to contend with, where are these birds supposed to nest ?

I am afraid I would of of been one of those having a rough conversation with him, I despair for our wildlife now.

I did not know that interesting fact Thank you Lynn, not hard to prove either as the van is parked up with their vans and containers with the birds of prey on there.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Kazz, last time I felt like this it was a sarcoma
Oooooo, I am afraid I would have had words with the falcon man
I left her there, she was happy to see Sharon the vet nurse, just about to walk deags
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 12:16 PM
Right have phoned the council and logged a complaint. The chap was okay but did not realise it was a "GREY AREA" not thinking i suppose. Will pop up to the house top of lane and let them know. They can keep an eye on it then and I will video next time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 01:05 PM
Good for you Kazz....as nice as the bloke might be, if he is having instructions to do something to scare wildlife away....then it's not right
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2021, 01:10 PM
Brilliant Kazz he could say I suppose he was scaring pigeons I know they use birds of prey a lot in the cities for that.
That is not a city though it's countryside or similar and I am sure there must be rules that whatever means especially during nesting season March to September you must not interfere with wildlife.
Certain moors etc., have restriction during breeding season regards walkers and dogs so as not to disturb ground nesting birds.

He might also argue he is training his birds but I'm not sure if that is legal either especially breeding season. I know very well Buzzards, Sparrowhawks, Kestrels and Owls will hunt smaller birds but they are wild and that's nature but a human being in charge of a bird of prey deliberately setting a bird on smaller birds or wildlife of any kind is not right.
Our rural teams here are very good the amount of hare coursers they stop is amazing they have a dedicated team.

Glad Kota went in easily griff now just the worry till you hear.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2021, 01:25 PM
I agree Lynn, nature's nature but to deliberately target animals...oooo no, I don't like that at all
Conor...my vet did say that I would have to leave Kota with them until late on, I just hope she hasn't fractured anything and I left it... although the vet said I was right to give pain relief and rest
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2021, 01:52 PM
Sue and I have been hearing pecking noises from the roof but can't find out what is causing it. OH well only one thing to do is to check the gutters.
From the side of the house there is a small roof gutter that was full of moss off the roof . Another job for the Skyvac. Cleared out that gutter and did the others at the front as well. got out 3/4 bucket load of debris ( roof moss and dirt) out of them. Hopefully that should stop the birds picking at it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >