Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 08:14 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 14th January

Good morning all.

June and LG I'll join your government sounds good to me. Why is it most sane thinking adults know the answer to these problems but for some reason how politicians and especially the do gooders do not understand.

I am getting a bit fed up with the news its all Brexit, Trump or Corbyn, that's all we hear.

June, Glad you were able to get the dogs out on the park yesterday and hope you will again today. I must put my car battery on charge before it goes down for good.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope the girls behaved eventually last night June and that you are able to give them a good run today.

Also hope Casey didn't keep the neighbourhood awake all night doing=his guard duty

Hope everyone who had the lurgy is now feeling a lot better and that Connor improves over the weekend Eileen

Frosty again this morning. It is bathroom wall and tile shopping today for my son. He now has the measurements and I think he has settled on the tiles he wants. Then we will take them to his flat and call in to look at vinyl for the kitchen and get them to take measurements and arrange to get that fitted. So a busy day ahead but no doubt we will enjoy ourselves.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 08:19 AM
Good morning Moyra I see we virtually posted together so hope they get merged.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Very sunny here today but cold.
June hope you get the girls out and are feeling better.
Same to LG and Mem and Connor and other others feeling poorly.
Hoping Casey settled and sent anyone packing who shouldn't of been around.
Sue enjoy shopping with your son. Lots of coffee and cake may be needed.

We are off car hunting for Gorden today hopefully already getting a little tense between us. Me I have had hardly any sleep and him getting touchy and taking things the wrong way.
Might be better if I drop him at a station and he sorts it himself.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Oh dear Lynn, just try and bite your tongue...hopefully the first one he sees he will want then you can go home Lol
Sue, good luck with the tile hunt
Hi Moyra, hope you are a bit warmer today!!
i think the lurgy is coming back, i have a real bad headache and sore throat again...i am however unsupervised!!!! Lol me the dogs and cat have the heating on, turned it right up and am having a day of watching films, got one on at the moment called the harrow...bit slow but hopefully it will improve
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
got one on at the moment called the harrow...bit slow but hopefully it will improve
Yes stay in the warm and keep your fluid levels up Many thanks for your post 36 last night, very interesting. I don't know for sure if the law says prisnors must be in their own country, I just know that within seconds of my posting about it someone came on and told me that was why prisons on those Scottish Islands are a non starter.

Terrible shame in my view because they are deserted, some of the islands are quite big so the prisnors could even go outside for a bit of exercise (without fear of escape) and it would free up the existing prisons for less serious offences.

Would cost a hell of a lot to build but it would be a one off cost, once built they should last hundreds of years.

Having read your post 36 of last night I am even more bewildered by the world we live
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Raining this morning, then it cleared up and its quite bright. Girls have had a run out. Didn't go on the Country Park in the end as everywhere was so muddy after this mornings rain and I just didn't fancy squelching through thick mud at the moment. Feeling a lot better and don't want to finish myself off. Went on the little park with them for a play, saw no one around at all, usually on a Saturday the tow path, which runs along the top of the little park is quite busy, but not today.
They've had a bit of exercise and run round, tomorrow we've got torrential rain forecast, and the forecast for tomorrow has been saying that for a few days now, so I did want to get them out somehow as I won't be going to training class if it is heavy rain, standing in a monsoon in the middle of a muddy field freezing cold is not currently for me
Cleaned up, distributed bones and they are quite happy. Got the washer on with the muddy sheets from the floor in it, finished unravelling the lights from the archway over the front gate. Son had twisted them round and round, I managed to do the side bits but needed step ladders for the archway, and either I've not been up to it or its been windy and wet. I could strangle him for that, all he needed to do was drape them around the arch, and they would have been a doddle to take down. By the time I saw what he was doing it was too late, he will not be in charge of that again any time soon
Lynn I am hoping you see the right car for Gorden, do not get stressed over this, you may end up better than you thought. This time of year is not a good time to sell anything as no one has any money, you could grab a real bargain.
Griff, wise move staying put, you must have been really badly affected, its a nasty bug and it must have hit you like a ton of bricks having little or no immune system. Hoping Deags is on top of her game again and she gets the all clear
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 02:41 PM
TW, slow and steady...don't go mad before you are ready and deffo stay out of the wet and cold.
I hope Deags will get the all clear, can put it behind me then
You never know Harvey,,,there could be some law that states prisoners have to be housed in there own country.
First film was rubbish, now on one called pitchfork...much better
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Well, for the first time in as long as i can remember....i am boring and resemble a normal looking member of society! Gone is my flash of bright colour at the front of my hair and gone is the black...i am now a boring brunette (no offence to brunettes mind Lol) I dyed my hair last week cosmic purple, it took really well on the front and sides but as the week went on i began to hate it, i guessed a change was as good as a holiday and maybe a new year should be a new me?? so brunette i am and i must admit at this moment i kind of like it....not sure how many hours i will like it for though Lol, my hair is now also about 3 inches long on the top which again is the longest i have had it in ears and years....wonder if i am having a mid life crisis?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Afternoon all.

I have just enjoyed reading the aftermath posts of my "news" post and I have to say I enjoed all of them. Seems to me that "common sense" is as my Dad often said is as rare as hens teeth at times.

I saw a programme I am not sure on what programme a year or maybe a bit longer ago maybe one of the real life documentaries, on hospitals where over in this case sure it was either a Sat/Fri night. Where two really well trained senior nurses/tiage or similar and a team had a room in a club/hall and set up a "what I would call " a sleep off area ambulance apparently the A&E dept beat every single target and all the A&E dept staff were saying how long it had been since they treated pretty much simply "Emergency and Accident "patients.

The above is a loose memory but I do recall thinking why not roll thaat out. But I imagine its rule and regs that stop it.
I do know they showed the people who were taken to the sleep off centre when they sobered/whatever up. And as a whole they all said "they were ashamed" not sure what happened after that.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »