Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Thought I would pass this on as just heard about it.

BEWARE scam telepone call 'from BT' about security of your internet connection

Please be aware of a current scam where someone purporting to be from BT will explain that there is a problem with your internet connection and that there is a problem with the security which BT are working to fix, that they have made a number of adjustments at their end to protect you and to fix the problem, and they just need you to check things at your end...they explain that your data is vulnerable and that currently people can access your information everytime you send an email, buy something online and use online banking....'so let's just do these checks on your computer'...they say they can show you a series of security breaches you have suffered if you go to your computer...

They were very persuasive and very insistent and almost credible

They knew my name and gave me a telephone number in Manchester to verify they were from BT (their number was withheld obviously).

If they call, you can report it to help build a national picture http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Stay safe online everyone
Brenda, many thanks for this warning. It does have some similarities to some others I've seen but not identical so still worth reporting. I've decided to abandon all telephone banking and have asked my bank to delete all my telephone passwords etc.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2016, 09:29 PM
Split the walk today, I took Casey for a really long one while OH took Rianna down to the river which is only 10 minutes and she likes to eat the comfrey which grows in abundance on the river bank. (Rianna not the OH )

So once again I'm nodding off at the keyboard so I'll wish you all a goodnight and see you tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Interesting that Rianna's after eating comfrey (knitbone in these parts)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I know it as knitbone too TW and I keep comfrey cream in...an old boy on the bus told me about it years ago
Night night Harvey
Moyra, glad the car is back
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Evening all.
I use comfrey in it's dried and chopped form to help recovery from leg and joint strains in the lurchers. 1 heaped teaspoon on their evening meal.
My grandfather was the originator of this for me and I find that it really does speed up recovery time, providing it is accompanied by only very light exercise and this on lead only.
Brenda - well done for posting about that fraud call thing. If everyone warned other people by social media (as you have done) I feel sure it would reduce the incidence of this sort of thing!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 01:04 AM
Couldn't sleep so got up to see if Griff was still awake and wanting sleep! I am not sure what comfrey or knitbone looks like, will have to look it up. Got a Tesco order coming tomorrow morning early, so pleased about that. Amber is restless tonight, think that is what disturbed me. Well back to bed to see if I can get some sleep now. Take care all. See you in the morning, well later in the morning. Lol. Maybe see something of Kazz, I do not remember her but nice that some of the oldies are coming back. Not so much oldies but those that have passed this way before. Talking of whom where is our Eileen again? Hope you are all sleeping tight, goodnight all.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3