register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2016, 06:11 PM
How lovely you have such nice appreciative neighbours moving in, Nippy, you could have had someone like ........ME for instance
Girls had tea and settled down for a while, its gone a bit cooler than it has been so the back door is closed, first time for a few days, its been open till late most nights
Griff, I'm sure all of a sudden the bathroom will come together and you'll be dead proud of it
1cd has had the heating on rather a lot recently, so give her a few days to bask before stealing it back, Griff, then again I may have it myself and sit and bask meself
Brenda, you are on holiday, so fish and chips don't count, its only at home, so you could have eaten them
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Fish and chips are compulsory when you are holiday
I would love to have you and the gang next door TW however we are having a cockie-collie. I don't know what their daft name is
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2016, 07:17 PM
LOL Nippy, till they started digging.....
Guy who delivers the girlies food has labxcollies (his wife does agility with them) and he calls them colliadors
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Evening all - Another grim day in paradise up here on t'moors overcast and a bit too strong a wind for comfort. I too suspect that 1cd has hired some sort of shady Shaman to cast a spell on the sun and keep it up there in fair Caledonia, cos it sure as hell ain't here.
Glad various hospitals are getting our members sorted and that most are having a good time of it. Glad you missed the rain Brenda, something you definitely don't need too much of on holiday. Have never been to Hernia Bay but suspect it must be a bit of a strain! Oooops sorry - couldn't help that one!
Have passed on everyone's sentiments to Danger Curls along with the express wishes that she should learn from her experience with Fagin or as the politicians say "lessons have been learned" and then "we will draw a line under it and move on". Our lords and masters do come out with some absolute drivel. lol !
Think I'll book "Griff & Dad - Plumbers of Distinction" should I need any new bathrooms installing. To hell with the bathroom - it would be an education just listening to the performance.
Back later folks, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Yeah LG, gone really cold now with that wind. Been out to put girls to bed and they were all in there already, so not what they've become accustomed to obviously.Shut their doors, Zen has been left out of the Big House and has to go in the little kennel as no room at the inn apparently
Going to see what Versailles is like starting on BBC2 in a while.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
or as the politicians say "lessons have been learned" and then "we will draw a line under it and move on".
Yes, now that government departments, local authorities, and multi national companies all employ public relations consultants we hear it all the time. Words spoken (usually in a monatone voice) from a prepared speech, often with the bit of paper in their hand.

As long as they've said the words then everythings OK
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Well just had a quick read through, Moyra at least you know what's happening. Jenny so glad you have nice neighbours we have one from heaven and one from hell Hope you are enjoying your stay in Hern Bay Brenda and 1cD please don't tell us about sunshine up there as you said it should be the other way around and Griff the failure of the plumbing supplier is quite honestly typical, we had the same thing, luckily the guy who installed the kitchen had not paid the supplier and he told them he wouldn't be paying them until it was sorted Eileen I think the little 'pressie' icon thingy relates to what level of subscriber you are. I don't have one either

Best wishes to anyone I've missed, I'm whacked, this 'man cave building' is harder than I thought and will likely go on for a few more weeks (by which time I'll either be a few stone lighter or have departed this mortal coil )

OH is wanting an early start tomorrow for shopping in the big city, well not really a city more a sort of run down small market town I don't think she'll find much to excite her and I've said a tenner should cover it but she has the dreaded plastic card thingy 'tho so might be some mental shocks comming in addition to the physical efforts on the 'man cave'

Goodnight all, sweet dreams, I'm off to my bed.

Edit:-
Oh sorry Eileen, I do have one of those 'pressie' icon thingies, I must be a 'Silver' subscriber, unusual for me as I've always been a kind of dull 'Bronze' member
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2016, 09:01 PM
June - Wouldn't have thought the girls will be doing much "musical kennels" on a night like this - too much sense! lol !
Harvey - Those two phrases aggravate the hell out of me! I was hoping that after their first appearance during the Blair administration, they would die the death and simply fade away. Wrong! They are still trotted out with monotonous regularity after every faux pas by every party or official. From the PM down to Corporation Water Treatment Plant Managers. As you say - it's like some magic mantra that will make everything go away - pity no one ever told the fools that this world doesn't have a default setting. lol !
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Harvey - I have reached that age and stage in my life when I aspire to achieving a "Dull Bronze" - Either in membership or life!
Get a good night's sleep and try not to have nightmares over the impending spending extravaganza about to be inflicted up you by SWMBO.
Goodnight!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Losos....you do have a pressie icon, it is very pretty...purple with a pink bow
Lol LG, I was told today that if my dad ever volunteered to do this again I was to tell him to EFF off lol
I am not doing much, just sweeping and tea duties lol
Spent all evening in bed....my tummy is bad again...I guess that means a week or so and my back will be gone again!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >