Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 05:40 AM

Daily Thread - Wednesday

Just dropping in before today's deluge starts... Lest the satellite dish shifts...Hoping the roads stay clear.. All quiet so far and feeding everyone early in the dark hours..Almost finished the elf hat order .... hope everyone there is safe etc. Have a lovely day! Dogs and folk all..stay dry and safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Good morning everyone,

Not quite light enough to take Amber out yet, but she still hasn't eaten her breakfast. I could quite easily go back to bed myself to be honest.
Hope Griff you are feeling better today and your back is on the mend June, Hope the storms have now passed you by Norma and LG and others affected. Eileen, Good luck to your mum today for her chemo.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Morning Rose, Moyra and all who follow.

Moyra they are saying more storms to come not sure where. I think those already affected cannot deal with anymore and the rest of us have had enough of the wind and rain. Some of those poor people had no insurance as they couldn't afford the premiums after premiums increased after the last time they were flooded out.
Business rates and council tax will be suspended for them but some energy companies will not suspended payment even though some are still without power.
Since when did we become so greedy. Its a very sad state of affairs.

Cold dry and bright here today.

Hope the back is still healing June.
Hope you are feeling better griff and that dad will soon be and he doesn't give it back.
Wishing Eileen's mum well today.
brenda hope the head and noise are better today.
Hoping all others and doglets are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Noise a little better Lynn but I think I have now got a cold coming. Or hopefully just another side to allergic rhinitis. Get it all year round. Have had my first sojourn out with Tyto and it was lovely and frosty and not wet thank goodness. Off to do some hair clearing as Tyto is still moulting. He must be very confused with this warm weather as he has been moulting for ages, mind you he did have a heavy coat. bfn Have fun in the sun. Yep it is shining here.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Morning everyone,
Bright and sunny here I will ask Lauryn to take Rosie out today as I'm waiting for the window people to come and finish of bits.
I'm at work at 4 today and they meant to be here at this morning, will see.
Rosie is still moulting too.
How awful for those who are flooded and I've heard this morning on tv that estate agents have been raising their fees when people being going to them for rented houses disgraceful! And raising insurance premiums disgusting,
Griff hope you feeling a bit better today, and that your dad is feeling better and doesn't pass his germs on.
TW hope your back is easier today
Eileen I hope your mum goes on ok today
Glad the noise is a bit better today Brenday, hopefully the cold comes to nothing
Right off to put kettle on again
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Pain is definitely subsiding, fell asleep on the couch last night after several phone calls, watched Holby, then I woke up when the 10pm news came on!!
Did have a look on here when I got to bed, but everyone had gone.
Had another decent nights sleep, which makes me feel loads better.
Mandy hoping the window people come when they say they will and you're not stuck there all day for nothing.
Thinking of Eileen and her mum today as well.
No rain here at present, although there has been rain overnight, will get girls out in an hour, hoping son appears today to collect the freezer in the middle of the kitchen, then the fridge can come out and go there in its place
With 2 rolls of flooring 'decorating' the front room I doubt there's room for a tree
Glad you're doing OK now Brenda and have got your head around the changes, would have missed you otherwise.
Girls are losing a small amount of coat when I get the rake on them, but by no means a lot, they are very fluffy but its all staying put.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Good morning Moyra, Rose Lynn, Mandy, June and Brenda

Thinking of Eileen's mum today and hope all goes well.

Good you had another good sleep and the back is feeling better June

Hope dad keeps his germs to himself Griff and you manage to avoid another large.

Mandy hope the wind people have turned up.

Brenda hope you manage to avoid an awful cold.

Lovely and sunny here too. Frosty when I took Teazle out so as Brenda says a nice dry walk for a change

Waiting in for a parcel to be delivered. Was due by the 7th at the latest so e-mailed the company and they are sending another by next day delivery at no extra cost. Its might be lost in the Christmas rush as its being sent Royal Mail. Can but hope this one turns up!

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Morning all
Did have a quick read earlier but didn't post and went back to sleep, got up and who was sat here?? Lurgy boy!!!! Spreading his germs...mum had told him he had to go back to bed out of the way...she has just gone mad when I spoke to her lol
Hope the workmen turn up Mandy
TW, hope the freezer goes to it's new home soon
Disgusting that estate agents are raising fees on rental homes..sadly nothing surprises me anymore
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Terrible that agents are taking advantage like that..here we have many families in emergency accommodation after the floods. The govt has released E5 million for businesses who had been unable to get insurance after the last floods..... Wind just getting wild; done all I needed to this morning; elf hats all finished and belled, pressed and packed. big parcel to Canada done, fire lit and lunch eaten. So I can knit all afternoon now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Hi window bloke turned up, lovely chap all done now thank goodness, Rosie liked him too lol
Cooking dinner for me and Lauryn, being healthy got Linda McCartney sausages for me ( love them, I'm not veggie though) lauryn having fish fingers lol boiled spuds and broccoli
Hopefully your parcel has turned up Sue
Right off to eat dinner by for now
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >