Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 06:42 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 2nd April.

Good morning all, very cold in this flat with no heating on but surely we should be able to save a bit on the heating now we are into April.

June, pleased those people popped round with the money for the meat. Cariad seems to be doing well.

Lynn, hope Dillon's paw is better now.

Mandy, you sound a little down, hope you are ok.

Griff, hope you and the pets are ok

Hope all four and two legged friends are all ok this morning.

Much brighter out there this morning even if it is colder. Have a good day all, take care, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Goo morning Moyra and all who follow

Agree Moyra a little saved on heating bills is a bonus his time of year.

I think you will find Harvey that most software programmes are written by Americans and therefore everything will be spelt differently My eldest son did try to educate his office when living in San Francisco but they would have none of it

Love the fact that Cariad knew where to find the peace and quite she wanted and after all if must have been time for her programme on the tv

Hope you are ok Griff . Nice to see you pop in Mandy take care.

Lovely morning here. Have taken the chance to wash my winter walking coat so no doubt we will now have snow! Just a bit of gardening to finish this morning and Sunday lunch to cook and then the rest of the day to do what we want. Trying to persuade Barry to go out for a walk but I think it is easier to shift a mountain

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Lovely sunny day here already but as you say Moyra chilly. Holding off with the heating as much as possible.
Dillon's paw seems fine today so we are off to Shouldham in a bit with him.

Sue hope it doesn't snow. Enjoy the walk with or without Barry.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Morning all
I agree Moyra be nice to save a bit on the heating.
Enjoy your walk Lynn, glad Dillon's paw is better
Hope you get to enjoy your walk Sue
I'm going to get a wash in, will take Rosie out later, got to pop to mum in law as she has a Birthday card for me. ( it's not till tomorrow)
If I can motivate myself I might even go to the gym.
My phone contract is up so I've sorted my upgrade, going with a different provider. And will save some money always a good thing
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Mandy.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Starting to get my tooth aching more than before so having to take pain killers for it.I have a dental appointment later in the week so that should help. Why dentists can't do everything at the same time beats me having just had a filling replaced.

The patio looks a lot cleaner now the pressure washer has done its job so out with the garden bench later on, it has been stored in the garage over the winter.
I have a dilemma! there is a camera bag I have seen on the web which is a bit bigger than the one I use and it is a reasonable price. Now do I buy it so I can get more lenses to take around or save the money for something else. If I bought it the camera gear weight might be a problem and also how often would I use it to justify the cost?
The existing bag has been on every cruise but only manages to hold the camera a lens and my camcorder, shall have to give it a bit more thought!!!
Or there is a gadget that fits over a lens to correct colour which could be useful as Nikons don't seem to like the colour red, erm something else to think about.
Or do I not get anything and let Sue have a new mobile phone? why she should want a new one beats me, the existing one she has to me appears to do everything she needs.

These are what us men have to worry about while you ladies only have to worry on size and colour of underwear which no one sees anyway.

camera bag link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...aninorreffe-21

expodisc video
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Morning all

Not sure what I plan on doing today, but one thing for sure if it is in the house/garden then Buster will not be far away.............really settling in now.

NOW NOW I do not want anyone to be falling over or taking a drink at the followig news.................are you ready........SURE? ..............okay here it is...................I am writing a list............yes an actual list me.

As I have started to type this the overcast weather that looked like a storm has passed over and the sun has got his hat on almost..............well looking for it anyhow.

Glad Cariad came into the house obviously just visting the pack............

Moyra what does the fish tank hood look like? and hope he tidied behind himself.

Sue hope you manage to take the mountain to the outside world. LOL

Lynn hope your hubby does not annoy you today on the trip out, and you enjoy your day. The semi retirement sounds a great idea for the two of you as a couple especialy if the "children" get sorted.

Mandy good news on the phone contract I chaged the house insurance and saved a bit too............have a great day and motivation is sometimes reserved for simply enjoying the day.

Brenda - enjoy your day.

TW ouch for the tooth - ouch in sympathy too. I would buy the camera case, and the camera lens cover as well its your hobby you enjoy it if you can afford it buy it. And I would not even use the words "let Sue" get a new phone I doubt you have any say in it bar the curtsey couple discussion anyhow. Maybe "do we use the money for this camera etc or a new phone this month" LOL

Roast beef, mash, cauli cheese sauce, carrots, gravy, roast potatoes and a nice gravy here for lunch today.

To everyone a good day, and a good day to all.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Mandy.
Aww thank you Brenda
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Taken Rosie out for a run out, she's now flaked out on the sofa, Tony has prepped the dinner, will put that on soon ready for Lauryn finishing work. Tony didn't sleep well last night so told him to go have a nap for an hour. He was falling asleep n the sofa
I spent 25 minutes on the phone to three convincing them that I want to cancel my contract. Never had a problem with them, just there upgrade deal was rubbish and lots more expensive than leaving them and going elsewhere. I got the a fabulous deal through a company I used before, so know they good.
I not made it to the gym
Tweed hope the painkillers help with the tooth ache
Dinner sounds lovely Kazz
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Phone deal sounds good Mandy, I've got a sim only deal with 02 and very happy with it.
T'weed, buy the camera stuff, but as for 'letting' Sue have the phone she wants, I would knee you in the crutch if I were her. Those days are long gone, thank goodness.
Took Cariad, Lona and Kesh on a walk round, then Mabs and Zen onto the river,opposite where we normally go. There used to be a ford behind the garage and you can get down there, if its a pleasant day I'll go there sometimes. Not as much room as near the waterfall. Mabs had a lovely swim round and Zen paddled up to her chest, but wouldn't go further out,they enjoyed themselves, we walked up a little further where the banking is really high and steep and they had a great time running straight down into the water, then back again.
Saw the people at shop on the way out, and she was saying she will give me £50 next week to do a big order for her as she doesn't reckon her English is good enough. I think I need to print the products and prices off for her and talk her through it. Feel really guilty for doubting them now as she said she was worried she hadn't paid me
Given the yard and kennels a good do, burnt the rest of the contents of the filing cabinet, Inland Revenue stuff and paperwork for cars and also some legal dox have been saved in case, although some are over 10 years old. Friend who works for a roofing company is having the suspended files as they are like new and the cabinet itself is off to the tip on my next trip.
Got some T shirts to iron and there is a chocolate eclair with my name on it in the fridge. Just had some lunch and I rather think the chocolate eclair will be joining it.
Kazz, Buster has settled so quickly, he must have had a happy home previously to have adjusted like this
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >