Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Tumbleweed I'll have to disagree with you that a dog in an apartment is not a good idea. I have mostly lived in flats and had dogs and they have been well exercised and it's no problem at all taking them to relieve themselves. Why would someone without a garden need to take their dog onto the road, there are usually plenty of grassy areas around and why should it disturb the neighbours at 9pm or even later taking the dog out.

In my experience dogs who live in flats get more exercise and more walks and not left to amuse themselves in gardens all day never being taken out so I could come out and say people with gardens shouldn't have dogs as it makes them lazy and the poor dog never gets taken for a walk.
I don't think one can generalise. My next door neighbour had two dogs and a reasonable garden. I never saw the dogs being walked.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2017, 02:25 PM
You can't generalise, this topic crops up repeatedly, I doubt my neighbours see me walking my dogs but I do. My car is reversed onto the drive,the dogs leave by the side access straight into the back of the car. We drive to the country park and spend about 2 hours there, home and the whole thing is done in reverse. I have tall plants either side of the drive too so unless the neighbours were snooping they'd have no idea we were out walking. Personally I couldn't cope with living in a flat with dogs but loads do. The only thing I would question is whether or not you're allowed a dog by the terms of the lease.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2017, 04:14 PM
And often, we leave by the front gate which leads on to a green. Same for other neighbours with dogs and I regularly meet them and their dogs.

Not once have I seen my next door neighbour there nor have I ever seen his dogs being walked out to their car. Not once. In ten years.

I agree that an apartment or flat may be less than ideal but that comes down to the owner being prepared to put in the effort - and the miles.

IMHO of course.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2