Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Surprised by a breed of dog?

Based on the thread "WHAT KIND OF DOG ARE YOU" My result was Chihuahuand interestingly (or not) enough I met a Chihuahua for the first time ever recently at a friends house and I really really liked him........never considered myself a tiny dog person at all.....but he was a smasher......... so much so I could actually see myself with one, which I never thought I would say.

So my question is have you meet a dog that changed your opinion of a breed totally for good, bad or altered?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Based on the thread "WHAT KIND OF DOG ARE YOU" My result was Chihuahuand interestingly (or not) enough I met a Chihuahua for the first time ever recently at a friends house and I really really liked him........never considered myself a tiny dog person at all.....but he was a smasher......... so much so I could actually see myself with one, which I never thought I would say.

So my question is have you meet a dog that changed your opinion of a breed totally for good, bad or altered?
I'd never met or even seen a Miniature Schnauzer until I met Mikey, my trainer's MS and fell in love with him. When I was looking for a small dog as a companion for Georgina having an MS seemed the natural choice. A decision I've never regretted as Gwylim's such a smashing little dog!

On the other hand I used to be very fond of GSD's having owned one. Sheba was an absolute sweetheart and very different from the ones I've met over here, most of whom seemed to be extremely temperamental and hard to handle!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Yeah I was converted to Pugs when I did doggy day care for my Sons then GF, who knew the little sods were so much fun. Until then I was definitely a big dog person, the only small dog I'd ever considered was a terrier.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Interesting my neighbour 5 down has a pug called Gizmo but he is a proper nuisance the owner and the pug is following suit. The owner somehow seems to think leaving him off lead and to charge at dogs is the way forward whenever we see him he picks Gizmo up and says out loud to me and anyon else nearby "Staffies aren't to be trusted" I have given up saying "my Staffie is to be trusted its people who walk dogs without a lead, with no manners, bolshy attitude and a loonatic owner who are the trouble. " He laughs and we do get on. Although I always like/liked pugs.
Gustavo Woltmann
New Member!
Male 

04-01-2017, 06:28 AM
I'd love to check out that thread and find out which kind of dog I am. Is it in these forums?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

04-01-2017, 09:44 AM
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=197110 it's here
Gustavo Woltmann
New Member!
Male 

05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Thanks Trouble, that was fun! Got poodle
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Interesting my neighbour 5 down has a pug called Gizmo but he is a proper nuisance the owner and the pug is following suit. The owner somehow seems to think leaving him off lead and to charge at dogs is the way forward whenever we see him he picks Gizmo up and says out loud to me and anyon else nearby "Staffies aren't to be trusted" I have given up saying "my Staffie is to be trusted its people who walk dogs without a lead, with no manners, bolshy attitude and a loonatic owner who are the trouble. " He laughs and we do get on. Although I always like/liked pugs.
Funnily enough I've just taken on a 9 month old male Pug that is a total sh!t around male dogs, I think it's the owners tbh. Within 1 day he's best mates with Frankie the terrier and is still trying to savage Diesel who just sits there and the worst he's done is curl his lip at him. We're getting there and I think within a week of arriving he'll be getting along with all of them. I do wonder what some people inadvertently do to their dogs.
mirandashell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2017, 05:48 PM
IME, a lot of people with small dogs don't think they should do anything about dog agression in their cute little dog because it's a cute little dog.

No. It's anti-social little horror and needs to be trained.

But when a little cutie gets eaten by a big dog, it's the owner of the big dog who gets into trouble no matter which dog started it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

08-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Well I had both so my small dogs learnt how to behave around big dogs right from the start. This one is getting the message that his behaviour is not acceptable.
My rule has always been if a behaviour is unacceptable in a big dog it's also unacceptable in a small dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >