Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2016, 06:07 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, June 8th

Good morning folks, not long now just a few more hours, just hope they do not keep me waiting long at the hospital before they get on with it.

June, hope your back is a lot better this morning.
Griff, hope you will get to the bottom of what is worrying you at the moment.
Harvey, hope you are not overdoing things in your Bat Cave and the dogs are doing well.
Lynn, hope you and Dillon are ok.
Nippy Jenny, I hope you are feeling better today and thanks again for your wise words re my operation.
Norma, hope you and the muppets are all ok.
1 cd hope hope your little terror is behaving himself.
Gordon, I hope the mem has left some money for another day and you are not totally distraught by the attack on your wallet.
Sue and Barry, hope all is well in your world.
Brenda and Mandy, hope you are ok too and poor Tony will soon be on his way to recovery. If I have forgotten anyone please forgive me. I must now go and eat something before 8 o'clock my cut off time.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Good morning

I see Gordon was kept on the dark about the real purpose of the men's missionm

Hope you can get an answer re the tablets June.

Overcast there at the moment but dry. The rain and thunder went on for about 1.5 hours last night, it seemed to be circling us. The garden needed it so shouldn't complain Right out with Teazle and then some housework is on the cards

Take care and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2016, 08:06 AM

How can China produce something like this and then send it to me here in the UK for 0.99p? The postage alone is more than that. Sorry about poor picture quality had to make it bigger to show on here.

What is it I hear you ask. Well it is a little widget to raise my camcorder mike a little higher as the deadcat fur is going across the lens front

The point is there is no way can we even think about producing and sending something like this for that price
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm back......
More probs with 'Puter. but I'm fairly sure everything is ok now and AVG has been installed. Im happy and have confindence in AVG.
So I have some reading to do now, all that I have missed
Good luck Moyra I will be thinking of you and looking out for your return.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Thinking of you Moyra and hoping you are back home quickly and you feel loads better
Feeling fresher this morning sun is out but not so much of a scorcher, nice cool breeze. We've got a storm forecast for this afternoon got a banging head and feeling a bit yukky, girls going for walks in a few minutes, Zen has to have a short onlead walk, that'll go down well so I'll get Cariad and Zen out for walk to the park and back, after Zen, then thinking Lona and Mabs on the river so Lona can have a swim, got to make sure its not too much though. Like planning a military campaign
Glad you're back Nippy, AVG is always the first thing I put on anything.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Morning all
I slept!!!!!!!!
Moyra, best of British today
Tumbleweed...nice widget
Nippy...pleased the puter is fixed
Sue, don't over do the housework
TW, hope the walks go well
Was howling that the mem had sussed out a sale and dragged LG and his wallet along
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Thinking of Moyra, she'll be in there now.
Zen been a short onlead walk and she's still limping. Managed to check the back of her neck where she was flinching before, and she is fine, not fine on her near side back end though.Text Katherine to say she needs another session, am pretty worried because it is near her hip and need to find out if there is going to be any impact as regards hip scores and what the prognosis is. I know through Lona that environmental injury is a contributor to a high abnormal hip score, but as it is just that, an injury, and NOT genetic its not inherited, and contrary to all the 'armchair experts' views Lona was not and never has been 'crippled with hip dysplasia' as is shown by the low scores of her progeny and their progeny. But I was certainly put through the mill at that time in my life, according to these 'experts' I am a Back Street Breeder and Puppy Farmer. However forwarned is forarmed and this time I will be on the ball and get the opinion of the real, educated and experienced experts and not firefighting the issue a couple of years down the line with people who have no in depth knowledge or real idea of what they are talking about, and basically looking to stir the pot and hide their own misdoings behind a smoke screen of pursuing another human being.
Took Cariad and Kesh onto the field, there was a guy on there doing laps of the field, counted 6, how he managed that without collapsing in a heap I have no idea. They had a rather sedate walk round actually, gave them a go over with the undercoat rake, then home.
Was taking Lona and Mabs on the river, but left the trainers I use to go in the water outside in the rain, I had them in the washer and left them on the step, normally they would stay out of the rain, however the rainw was blowing into the porch, so they were wetter than when they came out of the washer. Went onto the country park, didn't see anyone at all till coming down the track that is shaded by trees and Allan was coming the other way with his dog and sons. So we stopped for a chat, told him I am running my own casualty department at present. He's busy building a conservatory, told him I've the money saved up for the pointing, so I'm on his list. Also spoke about him making a new kennel and using breeze blocks, as Zen can't eat them, so he thinks thats a good idea, and will get breeze blocks for me from his conservatory project, so they'll work out cheaper.
Have put the tower fan on in the utility and left the door open and the fan half way in, so girls keep coming in and standing in front of it, then when they've cooled down, they're off outside under the umbrella. Keshi even brought her bone in with her
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Have put the tower fan on in the utility and left the door open and the fan half way in, so girls keep coming in and standing in front of it,
They're more intelligent than our two then We've got a fan in the coolest room but they just don't like to be inside, there is plenty of shade in the garden 'tho.

I have listened to your advice on Rianna and agree, she will have just short gentle walks and I'll not take her in the car until I see that she is walking OK, just took Casey up to the local store (See my PM) there's a farm track that goes all the way to Ixworth Thorpe but he didn't want to go that far and on the way back he plonked himself down in some long grass for a rest. I don't think it would have been good to have taken Rianna this morning.

Hope Zen is going to be OK and that the injury can be sorted, as you rightly say it's not anything genetic which must be a relief.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2016, 12:49 PM
When I was talking to Allan, Lona dumped herself in a puddle, next to Allan's GSD, and Mabs was in the trees. We were only in full sun for about 10 minutes on the tail end of the towpath, then through the village and home. I usually find they know where the most comfortable spots are, and the grass where he lay will have been damp from last nights rain and cooled him down. You could give Rhianna an asprin you know if she is in any pain, as long as its not all the time asprin is fine for most dogs, and it will take the edge off arthritic pain due to old age. To be honest I wouldn't give it Zen, and Katherine told me this ages ago, it sounds hard but if they are feeling pain then they won't overdo it, take the pain away and they can get themselves in real trouble. However if its age related and you're not asking her to overstretch her capabilities but just making her more comfortable then pop one in a chicken wing or something
Thanks so much for your sleuthing work, another success from an intrepid explorer
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You could give Rhianna an asprin you know if she is in any pain, as long as its not all the time asprin is fine for most dogs, and it will take the edge off arthritic pain due to old age.
Thank you, I will remember that. She actually seems better today, just wish she would come inside where it's cool and we have the fan on, but she can be a stuborn little thing sometimes
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >