Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
s7eph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2013, 11:11 AM

Stubben and so funny

Trying to get Fred out for a walk today, buts is pouring with rain and cold. So i put a jumper on him but he wouldnt pass the front door, so i carried him to the road but he just stood there, theres me trying to pull him along to get him started, i just wish i could have filmed him, so funny.
Needless to say we turned round and he run back indoors and is now asleep in front of the fire xx bless him
Do your dogs like the rain ?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Chloe loves the rain and doesn't mind getting soaking wet and she delights in walking through all the mud and puddles.

M'boi my late Pei hated the rain and regarded it as a toxic substance. She'd stick her nose out of the door and if she saw it raining she'd go back to bed .... no way she'd go out in it!

I'm not sure about Georgina as she's still a puppy .... but being a Pei, who generally dislike water in any form apart from drinking it, she'll probably end up hating it too!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Lol naughty boy Fred.
None of my lot would give up a walk no matter how heavy it was raining. The Pugs love puddles and mud for some reason and the others just ignore the rain completely. My terrier isn't keen on puddles but he just skirts around them on tippie toes.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Does my dog like the rain? In a word NO!

Fortunately we only get rain during a 2 or 3 month period here (aint' had any yet this year since spring!) so maybe it's 'unfortunately' really as it means they don't get used to it.

But stupid thing is she loves WATER. She loves being squirted with it - swimming in it - lake or sea. She adores being bathed or showered but she absolutely hates rain! Even a few spit spots of it that you'd hardly notice.

If she sees it's raining as we go out the doors of my block she puts the brakes on and looks up at me as if to say 'are you CRAZY?' and turns around. Like you I have to sometimes pick her up and RUN to the other side of the road so she will at least have to walk that far back and hopefully pee on the way! I'm chuckling now just thinking about how she is and how I've got that to look forward to (NOT) when it does eventually rain here!

I posted recently to say how funny she was when we had just a few spits for a few seconds and one of them must have landed on her. Shaking herself furiously, trying to dry herself on concrete! I wasn't even sure it was spits of rain until she went into her performance! One must have landed on an ear!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Absolutely not!! Even if there's as much as a spit,my Lacey ain't going anywhere Not for a walk and certainly not for a pee If we are already out when it starts she heads for home at lightning speed If she got wet...heaven forbide she'll stand and wait till I dry her with a towel Water dog?? I think not
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Roxy will never turn down the offer of a walk, no matter what the weather is. The problem I have with her is that although she is not at all worried about getting wet, she still (despite all my attempts to convince her the towel is not an instrument of torture ) refuses to let me dry her properly when we get home.