Female 

18-09-2013, 01:41 PM
He's very much opposed to it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I'm surprised they need to investigate this. I could tell them from my lifetime experience that dogs DO know. When I was a kid my dog (a mongrel) used to walk to the bus stop on the main A13 and wait for my mum to get off the bus from work at around 5.30.

And for the 11 yrs I had my GSD I could never forget to get the boys from school because she'd be at the door like clockwork waiting for us to leave.
Totaly agree, in the 1970's when we lived in Bracknell I would walk home from work and our lovely Labrador knew what time I arrived and would always position herself at the end of the hall, and as I opened the door she would run towards me and 'take off' a few feet away and end up with all four legs around me and licking my face We usually ended up on the floor in a big heap

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh dagnammit I am now going to have to go google and look up this Chris Packham lol!
I've never heard of him either
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 08:07 PM
And when my daughter became old enough to go to and from school on the train and I didn't have to drive to get her anymore - I still had to go out anyway because the dog still wanted to go out at exactly those times every day and would be quite frantic if I was making no move! I was rather hoping to have lazier mornings but ended up leaving at the same time to take the dog. I cured it by adjusting the time very gradually five or ten minutes a day!
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Why's that Tarimoor? Is he for or against the cull?

As wildlife presenter I would expect him to be against the routine culling of badgers - would be very surprised if he wasn't.
He's against the cull, but why would a wildlife presenter necessarily be against a cull of predators? The BBC do have some unbiased presenters thankfully, including those with actual practical experience of raising livestock, I respect their opinions a lot more than Mr Packhams.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2