Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma.BBC.Scienc
New Member!
Female 

17-09-2013, 09:13 AM

BBC looking for family with dog to participate in new series

Does your dog seem to know what time family members are expected back home from work? When it gets to a certain time, does your dog wait by the front door?

The BBC are looking for a family with a dog that seems to know when people are due back home, to take part in a new science series. The series is presented by Chris Packham and explores the latest scientific research into what it is like to be an animal.

We are looking for a family living in the central belt of Scotland, with at least one family member working regular, 9-5 hours.
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to find out more about being involved in the series please email me, an Assistant Producer for the series- emma.oastler@bbc.co.uk

NB Az has viewed this thread and granted me permission to post it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Come on guys there are so many of you in Scotland, someone represent Dogsey!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Anything with Chris Packham in should be good! I wonder if his two poodles Itchy and Scratchy will make an appearance!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm surprised they need to investigate this. I could tell them from my lifetime experience that dogs DO know. When I was a kid my dog (a mongrel) used to walk to the bus stop on the main A13 and wait for my mum to get off the bus from work at around 5.30.

And for the 11 yrs I had my GSD I could never forget to get the boys from school because she'd be at the door like clockwork waiting for us to leave.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2013, 08:20 PM
One second in the company of Chris Packham would be too much for a life time for me, I'm very glad I don't live in Scotland!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
One second in the company of Chris Packham would be too much for a life time for me, I'm very glad I don't live in Scotland!
Oh dagnammit I am now going to have to go google and look up this Chris Packham lol!
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh dagnammit I am now going to have to go google and look up this Chris Packham lol!
He's a BBC presenter, call me old fashioned, but I like my BBC to be unbiased; Chris Packham may have his own view points but as a wildlife presenter on the BBC, he's recently stirred up a lot of hatred and vitriole surrounding the badger cull. Personally, I would hope he is reprimanded, there is a time and place for your own personal comments and I think his timing stinks to be honest. I don't think he's even a half decent presenter, but then that's just my own personal opinion.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 07:42 AM
I can offer one idiot dog who NEVER knows when anyone's coming home and just woofs optimistically every time I say the words "who's that" to the children about something completely unrelated on the TV.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I can offer one idiot dog who NEVER knows when anyone's coming home and just woofs optimistically every time I say the words "who's that" to the children about something completely unrelated on the TV.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
He's a BBC presenter, call me old fashioned, but I like my BBC to be unbiased; Chris Packham may have his own view points but as a wildlife presenter on the BBC, he's recently stirred up a lot of hatred and vitriole surrounding the badger cull. Personally, I would hope he is reprimanded, there is a time and place for your own personal comments and I think his timing stinks to be honest. I don't think he's even a half decent presenter, but then that's just my own personal opinion.
Why's that Tarimoor? Is he for or against the cull?

As wildlife presenter I would expect him to be against the routine culling of badgers - would be very surprised if he wasn't.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >