View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Wishing you well with the sleeping arrangements,hope you all manage to get a good nights sleep xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Pookin View Post
My lurcher was quite a nightmare at times with wrecking the house while we were out, I ended up just taking I'm with me pretty much everywhere for about a year and half. It was a pig and he was quite a handful in a lot of ways.
I have no advice for you, you know all the ways you could get him to accept being downstairs but the realities of family life aren't making those a realistic choice right now.
I feel for you though because I know what it is like to live with a tyrannical diva-like lurcher.

My lurcher slept in the bedroom, he had no interest in human beings at all so he was in with us in the hope that it would foster some sort of bond. The things we do for dogs?!

With him wrecking the house while you are out is it an option to have a pair of kennels for him and Tonks outside? I often get a bit stressed worrying about if the dogs damage the house because we rent and toy with the idea of some kennels outdoors. Bt hen again because I rent it seems like a lot to do if we move and would be a right pain to take them with us, depends on how long you intend to stay in a place I guess.

Fingers crossed Remus settles dwn soon.
(Vic is five and has been a fuss pot all weekend, some sight hounds just need a lot of pandering he tells me)
They are funny aren't they. Unfortunately kennels aren't an option for us either (so many things appear not to be ) We only have a postage stamp sized garden so there's no too for them...also I know full well Tonks wouldn't accept it...she's a softie staffie and couldn't do outside, also the neighbours would complain of any barking. At least when the dogs are in the house they can't hear him.

Like I said this afternoon he was absolutely fine being left. ...so he can do it...what's that saying, the road to success is more of a dance than a route march.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Thank you...if he's not comfy in there I'll get in it! A king size duvet folded into quarters, a thick single duvet folded in half and a huge fluffy blanket! We also now have a very unattractive wall hanging covering the cupboard doors so hopefully I won't be woken by his banging legs. It's made out of a piece of vet bed and a bamboo pole! : )
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 09:33 PM
You're totally wasted I do take my end at him though,he's so funny...if he's not comfortable in all that,you may book him into a hotel xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Haha thank you.

When I left this afternoon I forgot something and had to go back into the kitchen and neither of them bothered to move...this is how they were.

s261.photobucket.com/user/catrinsparkles/media/10f536f8-12a0-481f-bd80-8e1fa51bb2cd.jpg.html][/URL]
And this was Remus this evening struggling to keep his head up and his eyes open. They both sleep from 6 onwards really...well actually more or less from after their walk onwards!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2013, 07:03 AM
That photo of the pair of them in the crate is a classic!

As for the one of poor sleepy Remus - aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
That photo of the pair of them in the crate is a classic!

As for the one of poor sleepy Remus - aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
They are particularly cute aren't they.

Well Remus was back in the bedroom again with us last night and Tonks wasnt bothered at all. he slept fairly well until four but then kept trying to get in the bed. evern though he is sleeping wearing one of my old fleaces when i felt him he was cold...so I put him back on his duvets and put the blanket over him. ....poor boy! think I'll be digging out my puppy pad for him and hot water bottle for Tonks.

Remus was fine again this morning when I left them in the kitchen together. They were both very snuggled and cuddled this morning, no sign of wanting to play so I just left them together with some cardboard. I was only gone 45 minutes and Remus chewed up the cardboard, then did some counter surfing but there was nothing to be got so he went to sleep with tonks until I got home.

: )
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Double decker dawgs! Love it!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Hehe..separate photos tonight for some reason. : )
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Hi I have a similar problem with Faye,does not like to be left alone,but when I have to go to hospital there is no choice,I leave a radio on Channel 5,no music just several voices talking,but just recently looked after a neigbours bird a Cockatiel it is very noisy,went up to the village only about half an hour left the dogs in the kitchen with the bird,it wasnt planned,but got back,both dogs curled under the cage,the bird was making a din but faye who has really bad anxiety issues and pees poos and being sick,was really chilled out.so started watching the interaction,the bird likes showing off,and the dogs dont know how to react,but just stare and there heads are turning trying to work out what the noise is,the cockertiel emits whistles and sometimes a phone,normally if the phone goes in our house,faye goes into one,but they now sit in the kitchen,even if I go into the lounge which is unheard off.So maybe getting a bird maybe the answer.Gemini54
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >