Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 12:59 PM

Is this MY dog?

Now I know I'm getting past my sell by date (as my son keeps reminding me) but I still have one or two brain cells left and two perfectly good eyes and I'm positive the puppy I brought home last Sunday was entirely cream in colour.... so how come the one I've now got has black stripes down its back?

She'd crawled under my car and got grease on her back ... I suppose as she answers to the name Georgina I'd better clean her up AND move the car.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 01:09 PM
You answered your own question! But I knew the answer too BEEN UNDER A CAR!
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2013, 02:12 PM
One of my dogs used to get those marks on his back when he went under the caravan, I wasn't too bothered about that but having to get under the caravan to release him because his lead had got wrapped up was another matter. I ended up buying plastic trellis and putting it along the bottom of the caravan to stop him.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Oh my goodness she is absolutely gorgeous and so much loose skin to grow into (yes, I know she's a Shar Pei) Let's hope this is a one of and she doesn't end up being a real mucky pup 'cos cream is going to show all the muck. Only one of my dogs has the disgusting habit of rolling in fox poo and its the dog with white shoulders I'd love to see some more photos of Georgina, she looks adorable.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 12:37 PM
They all seem to be good at finding the muck.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Lol she's gorgeous even when dirty, I hope you didn't have to go under the car to get her out
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 11:24 AM
No she didn't get stuck under the car and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a one off. I'm hoping Georgina will be like M'boi my late Pei who wasn't interested in rolling in poo .... she prefered to eat it .... yuky creature!

Anyway I'd rather wash off poo than have to clean up Chloe every time we come home from a walk. She's got long fur between her back legs and a long feathery tall and always comes home looking as though she's carrying a birds nest on her backside. She grumbles bitterly when I try to pull out all the burrs, twigs and dead leaves and it seems to take me forever!