Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Simmo7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2013, 07:10 AM

My Dog Trudy

Hi All,

Here is a video of my dog Trudy playing with her favourite toy and grumbling to it at the same time.

Regards,
Maria
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2013, 07:39 AM
My dogs showed great interest when they heard the squeaking!

How on earth did a dog like that end up in a Dogs' Home?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
My dogs showed great interest when they heard the squeaking!

How on earth did a dog like that end up in a Dogs' Home?
Same here! And Bella usually takes no notice of TV or computer noises (only real noises in or outside)

I must say you are a very good mum to Trudy. If my dog had that toy I would have surgically removed that squeaker PDQ lol! My ears! My ears!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2013, 09:06 AM
That makes three, as Pereg woke up and came to see where the squeaking was coming from!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
That makes three, as Pereg woke up and came to see where the squeaking was coming from!
Interesting eh Malka? Yesterday I was talking about a sort of 'victim' dog here that keeps getting attacked by other dogs and how it has this very distinctive snarling bark. And was suggested that just 'summat about the noise it makes' triggers some dogs off?

We had a thread a while back about dogs watching TV and I'd said then Bella ignores all barking and whining on TV whether it is dubbed or 'real' and ditto on the computer (just as well the number of youtube vids involving dogs I watch lol!)

But even though she was tired from her walk and not in the room with me she was here like a flash by me and looking up at the table. In fact I muted the sound as it obviously 'bothered' her lol!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2013, 09:23 AM
It is strange, as Pereg also ignores the television or anything on the computer. The squeaking did not seem to bother her though - it was as if she thought it was me with one of her squeaky toys and when she realised it was not, she just flonked down again!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Pepe is the only one of mine thick enough to think there's a dog in the room when a dog barks on the telly. Although when we first got Gertie, there was some sort of animal rescue programme on with a litter of very young puppies, and she looked very anxious at the sounds.

I've got a very cheesy Rockabilly album where one of the singers barks and howls. Really badly - there's no way you could think it was a real dog - but Bogie gets really excited and barks back. Yet he totally ignores real dogs on the telly.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Pepe is the only one of mine thick enough to think there's a dog in the room when a dog barks on the telly. Although when we first got Gertie, there was some sort of animal rescue programme on with a litter of very young puppies, and she looked very anxious at the sounds.

I've got a very cheesy Rockabilly album where one of the singers barks and howls. Really badly - there's no way you could think it was a real dog - but Bogie gets really excited and barks back. Yet he totally ignores real dogs on the telly.

Oh you have made me laugh describing your dog! My Cavalier used to 'watch the TV' I mean REALLY watch it! And when One man and his dog was on she'd go over and stand on hind legs with front paws on TV cupboard and her little head would be moving around following the movement of the dog on screen lol! She was spellbound and I was devastated when they took that programme off!

She'd come away looking very thoughtful and I'd say to her 'don't worry Charlie we ain't about to start making you do all that stuff' lol!

I wish we'd had Animal Planet back then - she'd have watched it all day!

I reckon Trudy would love all the Animal Planet and Nat Geo animal programmes!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Loki now wants that toy!! Lovely video clip of that wee beauty!

Thanks for sharing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Loki now wants that toy!! Lovely video clip of that wee beauty!

Thanks for sharing
I reckon Loki would probably eat that toy with no trouble and then we'd have a squeaky Loki!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >