View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I cannot offer any advice about where to get a new collar to your specifications but I think that has been covered fairly extensively by people who do know.

If I may I would just like to comment on one remark:

I've hated that he has it because I don't like using old dog collars on dogs - you understand right? It's like putting your dead dogs collar on your new puppy - it doesn't sit right with me.
I still have the collar, harness and tags that Little One was wearing when she died. Her main tag [not the yearly rabies tags] is engraved with my first name, my address, and my ID number, as her microchip and rabies shots were registered under my ID number.

Pereg somehow lost her tag, identical to Little One's, either when we were out or when she was at Daycare, and I have not been able to get into town to have another one engraved.

But I cannot take Little One's tag from her collar to put on Pereg. I just cannot do it. She was wearing her collar and harness when she died, was wearing them when our Vet came to collect her, and only taken off at the surgery - picked up and brought to me by my dog trainer.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Essenjay based in Cornwall make various types of collars to whatever your exact specifications are and Griffin's looks very similar to the one you have but in black leather. They're not cheap but Chester's had his for two years almost now and it's just got softer and softer! Not cheap for the initial outlay but on a cost per wear basis much better than the cheaper ones he had before.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 07:30 PM
try this site; http://www.luxwaycanine.co.uk/products.aspx?r=0&c=17

MichaelM on here had a lovely looking set made. A collar like that and a leather training lead. Might be worth a PM? (dont know who made them for him)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone - they have all been noted down for when the time comes - but my real challenge has been finding a pink leather collar, without rhindstones, metal things or words on it and one thats not too thick for Sadie.. they're impossible to find!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I cannot offer any advice about where to get a new collar to your specifications but I think that has been covered fairly extensively by people who do know.

If I may I would just like to comment on one remark:

I still have the collar, harness and tags that Little One was wearing when she died. Her main tag [not the yearly rabies tags] is engraved with my first name, my address, and my ID number, as her microchip and rabies shots were registered under my ID number.

Pereg somehow lost her tag, identical to Little One's, either when we were out or when she was at Daycare, and I have not been able to get into town to have another one engraved.

But I cannot take Little One's tag from her collar to put on Pereg. I just cannot do it. She was wearing her collar and harness when she died, was wearing them when our Vet came to collect her, and only taken off at the surgery - picked up and brought to me by my dog trainer.
So you understand completely where I am coming from then, I still have Sadie's first collars and Louie's other collars including his first collar - they won't be used on any other dog either.. Neither will Benjie's - which is why it's annoying me to think Louie has another dog's collar on even though the dog was only with us a short time before being taken away and rehomed.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Thanks everyone - they have all been noted down for when the time comes - but my real challenge has been finding a pink leather collar, without rhindstones, metal things or words on it and one thats not too thick for Sadie.. they're impossible to find!
http://www.doggytrendz.co.uk/plain-h...lar-1386-p.asp

http://www.4doggies.co.uk/plain-pink...lar-2368-p.asp
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Where have you been when I needed you? They're great thank you - stupid google not finding them for me!
amandathomus1
New Member!
Female 

26-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Real Leather dog collars are reasonably priced - now as contemptible as nylon or line - concerning $ 140 or a smaller amount. The greatest product concerning them is that they are so stretchy and stiff.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Had Mouse's custom made at local leather shop, was 80 dollars US.

2 1/2in and fits 28 to 34in neck. Has the heavy ring type your looking for and is extremely thick leather. It holds Mouse which is a 211lb dog.

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2017, 12:34 PM
This thread is ancient.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2