Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fernackerpan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2015, 02:30 PM

Women's State Pension Age Change

I don't know if you are aware that if you are a lady born in the early 1950's your state pension age will now be 65. This is so unjust. There is a lot being said about the new Tax Credits but no one has said how unfair this is for us.

Please sign the petition below.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/110776
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-10-2015, 02:45 PM
This isn't new and my pension is due at 65 years and 11 months, others have to wait even longer.
fernackerpan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2015, 02:56 PM
No this isn't new but if you read the petition it says that it is unfair that for women like me for example who for 20 years thought their pension age would be 62 years 6 months now find out that last year this age was suddenly changed to 65 without warning. The government say you should have at least 10 years notification of any change to enable you to plan for your retirement. I am 62 in November and due to local government cut backs I was made redundant a few months ago. My age is against me when applying for jobs. I won't get my pension for another 3 years. I have worked for 46 years full time and paid my fair share of contributions. The government have taken away my job and also my pension.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-10-2015, 03:21 PM
It happened to everyone, For most of my working life I believed I would retire at 60, then it was 64 years and 4 months, then it was 66 and after the Government listened to the last campaign they changed it to 65 years and 11 months. I took retirement when I chose, took my 2 private pensions and will have to wait for the state pension like every one else. Can't you take your pension now the same as I did? Am I not a woman like you?
Have you done a pension forecast because that much touted flat rate pension of £145 a week is a myth too. I have more than enough contributing years and mine will be £119 something a week a whole £6 more than the average, I can't wait.
fernackerpan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Take a look at:

WASPI - Women Against State Pension Inequality Campaign

This group have been in London today with this campaign.
fernackerpan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Sorry to say, Trouble, I don't have two private pensions. I have a small pension from a past employer but it is not enough to live off. This government say they will give 10 years notice of any future changes. The last government have not given 10 years notice of the latest change. My friend was born March 1953 and she will get her pension next year. I was born in November 1953 and will get mine in November 2018.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by fernackerpan View Post
Sorry to say, Trouble, I don't have two private pensions. I have a small pension from a past employer but it is not enough to live off. This government say they will give 10 years notice of any future changes. The last government have not given 10 years notice of the latest change. My friend was born March 1953 and she will get her pension next year. I was born in November 1953 and will get mine in November 2018.
You worked in local government and have no pension why? Did you believe you could live on less than £120 quid a week cos I knew I couldn't.
I was born in August 1954 and have to wait till July 2020 yet I'm only 9 months younger than you and you get yours a year and a half before me, so yes it's not equal but they've already adjusted it once and who do you think is going to pay for it ultimately, that'll be some poor sod who's got to work into their 70's. Neither of my parents lived long enough to get their pension, blimey nor might I but I guess that's the ultimate goal. We can't as a country afford the state pension as it is, that's why they changed it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Life's not fair, count yourself lucky the younger generation will be in their 70's before they receive their pension. If they get on at all, we all expected to get it at 60, but it ain't going to happen, so no I won't be signing .
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-10-2015, 05:09 PM
I don't have 2 private pensions by accident, I took the trouble to join pension schemes of my own choice, every woman could have done the same. I also always paid the full stamp even when others were paying a reduced one, makes no odds now we're all equal. Not that long ago ( within the last decade) I was constantly receiving letters telling me I should pay extra as the qualifying time for a full state pension was 39 years, glad I ignored it really as they reduced the qualifying years to 30. There are always winners and losers, I take it for granted I end up on the losing side and make my own plans accordingly.
fernackerpan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Trouble, I didn't say I worked for local government for 46 years. I worked there for the last 5 years before being made redundant. It would not have been worth joining their pension scheme for the amount of time I thought I would be there before state pension at 62. As it turned out I lost my job at 61 anyway.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >