Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 05:53 PM

Tala did very well at training today

I decided to go to BAGSD training today as it is held outside and that is where Tala gets very distracted. The last time we went she was a small puppy and the grass was almost as tall as her and she only wanted to play with the other dogs and the trainer didn't want me to use food. So we moved to an indoor club and she did a lot better.

But today after she realised she wasn't there to play she did really well (with the help of some tasty titbits). It is months since we did obedience work so I was really pleased with her. There was an awful lot of heelwork though and I didn't always hear the instructions and the sun was in my eyes so we frequently ended up in a different place to everyone else
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Well done! brill!
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks. I have to say it was all on the lead though so she didn't get the chance to run off to the other dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 10:08 PM
That sounds great, well done.

I am sure it will all help with Tala's ongoing training to recall from other dogs.

Are you going again next week?

Any recent photos of Tala, it is ages since I last saw her.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That sounds great, well done.

I am sure it will all help with Tala's ongoing training to recall from other dogs.

Are you going again next week?

Any recent photos of Tala, it is ages since I last saw her.
We've paid for half a course which is a month so we'll see how it goes. I really wanted to know if she had improved at all. We had given up all thoughts of obedience because I felt she would be so distracted at shows. But it seems that even outside she now understands when she is working. Afterwards the more advanced dogs did a bit of training on their own while we watched the beginners class. Tala was fine until she noticed the dogs in her group had finished training and had gone off to play and then she cried. I thought I might let her join them next week.

I still haven't got my computer fixed so no pics yet. Sorry.