Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 06:07 AM

Daily Threads, Thursday 27th June, 2019

Good morning friends, it struck me just now that we are practically through June already, where do the months go? Anyway I trust you are all well as is possible considering some of us are either 'no spring chickens' I being one of them. Or have serious health problems. Beginning to believe at my age that I must expect to experience some pain.

Have a good day everyone, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. Lovely to see you popped in Harvey and are coping. Also, lovely to hear how Bruno and xena are getting along fine. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2019, 06:45 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Funny I looked at the calendar earlier and thought the same thing Moyra, nearly end of June and where have the months flown by to. This year seems to be moving very quick.

Hi Harvey Dillon is the same if he goes out at night to cool off and hears something or something not familiar. He gets enough time to do his warning barks then in.
During the day a little more lenient but even then I do not allow him to carry on barking not that he does really its usually short and sweet.
Kazz Dillon has a silly yippy bark that annoys me to.
The neighbour does have a lean to on the kitchen so maybe that is where we can hear it from ? Like us windows are left open round the back in the Summer to keep the bungalow cool. That would allow us to hear it more than in the Winter.
Or if outside in what looks like a shed from the back has access to the garden as it does sound very clear not muffled sounding. So could well be a home built kennel allowing it access in and out.

Not much on today bit of tidying, feed the birds, walk Dillon and sort tea for when Gorden arrives home later.
Nice day cool breeze and sun breaking through the clouds. Waiting for this dreadful heat we supposedly have coming. Gorden said it was very humid in London yesterday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Nice to see you Harvey and to know you are coping as well as possible. Bruno has well and true got his paws in the door So nice that he and Xena get along well.

Sunny but very windy here. Have walked Teazle and dead-headed round the garden so now for a coffee

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 08:25 AM
Good morning all.

Bright and breezy here me not the weather. No idea why but woke up ultra cheerful. Dead headed round the garden.

The morning weather wise is beautiful, walked Gert had breakfast and already had bedding on the line before those activities and the 2 new fitted sheets in the machine so all systems go.

No real plans, have booked a holiday this week for Oct in Palma Nova and looking forward to it. Took my niece and her fiancé to the airport yesterday they flew out to Canaries for a week in the sun

Really enjoying (maybe the wrong word) the channel4 TV programme "Restaurant that makes mistakes"

I may clean the car but not sure have to be in the mood. So may paint inside the summerhouse instead in fact that may be my task.

Have a good day all catch you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Morning Sue and Kazz.
Enjoy the coffee Sue.
Hope your niece has a nice holiday Kazz and something to look forward to for you in October.

Well I left to late didn't feel that hot when i left with Dillon just before 8 soon got hot though. He managed to cut his lip on the side on some sharp grass didn't notice till we stopped to give him some water. All ok now.
Seemed to be struggling on the back legs today. Ringing the lab that test for the Bernese only gene of DM.
Could be that or his hips, or his back right paw.
He was such a good boy we went over the railway bridge he waited when told for the lad on his way to school carrying his bike over, then a lady with two little girls and carrying bikes and scooter, then when we got on the path lots of mums/dads walking their children to school. It's a very narrow path.
Popped into the nature reserve very overgrown, had to move a branch that had fallen to get through and will be spraying him with my homemade tick prevention later. Just incase.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 02:27 PM
I have sun!!!!!!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Had a lovely afternoon in the garden, nice walk with the dogs, made up for this morning. Went to collect Steve's fit note to be told it had been picked up...I had spoken to Steve 15 minutes earlier so I knew it wasn't him and he hadn't asked anyone else or would have told me...I asked for the fit note and the lady said it had been picked up earlier, I said it couldn't have been as I was picking it up, she said nope, deffo picked up as she noticed the unusual name, I said it couldn't have been because it was just me and Steve...he has nobody else, she then said... could it have been his mum! Errr no as there's just me and Steve and his mum is dead, she then said I should call and ask him...I said but I just spoke to him 15 minutes ago and he knew I was coming, the lady said so there couldn't be anyone else?? I said no, he has a sister but they don't speak very much, she said maybe it was her then. I said no, Steve had asked me to pick it up, he knew I was going for it and nobody else knew about it...she kept insisting I call him so I agreed to try, I got the answer machine so I left a message and I text and whatsapped, he called me back and nope...he said it was just him and me that knew he had a fit note and I was deffo the one to pick it up, he wanted to know who the hell had got his fit note, I went back to reception with him on the phone and said that nobody else had permission to collect it, Steve had told nobody other than me...they just said "oh we will do a duplicate" that was it. All the people in reception were looking at me and the lady on reception was trying to give me the impression another woman had picked it up, they have given personal information out to a complete stranger...his full name ( which hardly anyone knows) his address and his health conditions, a 5minute job took me 40minutes, a load of calls and texts and basically being given the impression I was an imbecile...at least he has it now but I was disgusted by the lack of interest in them giving out medical history and his name and address to any Tom dick or harry
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Good evening all.

Quite cool here this morning while we were out and overcast, but not too bad. This afternoon the sun came out and it warmed up. Fortunately for us, it looks like we are going to miss the worst of the heat on Saturday although it's still set to get very warm so we'll go out earlier to make sure Rosie is OK.

My daughter brought her staffie home today. Little Blue looks to be a little cracker. She said he's so chilled out and has slept a lot. I did tell her he's storing it all up until after they have gone to bed .

Sent her a load of training sheets that I made up when I was training, but I'm guessing that she'll not look at them too much and will make her own mistakes and gain her successes the way we all do.

She's coming over on the 7th July with my sister, but Blue with stay home with dad. Looking forward to seeing them both. My son is also threatening to bring the grandkids over for a couple of days so it could be a busy month next month for us.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Awww how lovely Chris, I do love pups but miss an oldie, everyone thinks my 2 are puppies...Kota is 6 October, deags is 5 July...both still as mad as a box of frogs. Lol...son threatening to bring the grandkids..bless, how old are they?
Remembered to water the plants, we got some Acer's but the leaves keep dying, I bought azalea food for them but it's done no good and it's nothing we have done as Steve is having the same thing.. just wondered if they could be diseased?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Awww how lovely Chris, I do love pups but miss an oldie, everyone thinks my 2 are puppies...Kota is 6 October, deags is 5 July...both still as mad as a box of frogs. Lol...son threatening to bring the grandkids..bless, how old are they?
Remembered to water the plants, we got some Acer's but the leaves keep dying, I bought azalea food for them but it's done no good and it's nothing we have done as Steve is having the same thing.. just wondered if they could be diseased?
Acers hate wind. leaves dry up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >