Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2014, 12:51 PM

The strays came along too

Took our morning walk around the neighbourhood today because I am taking her out somewhere 'nicer' later today with her doggy pal, Mara when Mara's mum is home from work and we've been to the shops.

Only got one block away when we were confronted by a trio of street dogs. Two Cyp Poodle variations and one podgy Chi type (must say it did remind me of Bella a bit!) maybe she does have some Chi in her (undisclosed on the iffy Cyp pedigree lol!)

She wasn't interested in them for long but they followed us along for a couple of blocks until we got to a new dog in the 'hood - the barkiest big brown pup. They vamoosed but Bella had to 'prove' she was not afraid of the barky one. Then said hello to his much quieter fellow yard dog (neither of them EVER go out and the pup is on a chain permanently).

Pleased to meet you

OK that's enough - let's go mum!

Oh no they have crossed the busy road with us!

Ain't afraid of no barking dogs (when they are behind bars!)

Especially not this old thing - (I always want to take this one home and give it a bath!)

As you can see - here in Cyprus - some stray and street dogs have a better life than those who are 'owned'. At least they get to go for a walk and meet people!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2014, 01:06 PM
LOL, they may be street dogs, but the really do look like happy wee souls, don't they?
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2014, 01:10 PM
As a child who wasn't allowed a dog, I used to love going out and meeting all the dogs who were let out each morning to roam freely - it was quite usual in those days.

I would have clearly loved growing up in Cyprus! Lovely photos.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2014, 01:18 PM
You must feel like the Pied Piper there Tang
So lovely
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2014, 01:36 PM
The strays look well fed and friendly. I'm very happy to see strays looking cared for. Not so much here.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd want to take the strays home with me.
Are the actually strays or could they be owned and just allowed to roam? Either way they are all beautiful and seem well fed (one a little too well fed!)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
I'd want to take the strays home with me.
Are the actually strays or could they be owned and just allowed to roam? Either way they are all beautiful and seem well fed (one a little too well fed!)
You get to know which are owned but let out to roam. Not too sure about the chi but the other two are definitely local street dogs.

And yes they do look quite well on this side of the island. And you never see them fight or 'go for other dogs' that seems to only happen with 'owned dogs'.

Whenever you see an emaciated looking stray it will be a hunting dog type - cast out either because unfit for job or because end of hunting season. I'd like to kill the 'owners' but let's not start me off on that!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

17-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Lovely photos