Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-12-2013, 02:28 AM

Daily Thread - Thursday

Hello everyone

I hope you don't mind me posting a Daily so early, but I wanted to officially announce a new group which has been created for all you Daily Thread Chatters

Here is the official info (which I hope will get posted by whoever starts the daily for the next week or so):

INFO ABOUT NEW DAILY THREAD CHATTERS GROUP

Please note that this is copied and pasted from the new DT Chatters section:

WHAT IS THE DT CHATTERS GROUP?

Azz has set up a dedicated group for anyone who posts in the Daily Thread on a regular or semi regular basis. You don't have to post in every day's threads, but just enough to class yourself as a Daily Thread Chatterer : - )

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING?

Joining gives you access to a new section called the Daily Thread Chatters Section, which, after joining the group shows up underneath the members-only section.

HOW DO YOU JOIN?

Simply click on the 'Awards and schemes' link in the left hand column and put in a join request. Here is the link: http://dogsey.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups

WHAT'S THE POINT OF IT?

It's just an additional section where you can post things that you might not want to post on the open forum, or in any of the other sections. Nothing more, nothing less :-p
So you're probably wondering why? Well it is just a little perk for those of you who have made Dogsey your preferred (or one of your preferred) places to meet up or catch up with your friends.

Don't worry if you're a regular Dogsey member but not really into the Daily - we will be bringing in a group threads section at some point, where anyone will be able to start a thread and specify who they want to see it. So someone could start one for organising a campaign, or a dog walk, or just cos they want to have a more personal thread just for their friends. But more on that (and other changes) later, for now this new group and section is for you guys

Hope you all have a great Thursday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning Azz. I thought I was up early

I am making more mince pies today and have the sausage meat defrosting so sausage rolls possibly today and if not tomorrow.
Shall I make some spare do we need a Dogsey party ?

I have heard briefly about the weather during the night especially up North I hope all our friends in those parts of the world are safe and have no damage. Also heard South Wales and N.Irleand got hit badly are our friends ok there too ?
We have more to come oh dear this is getting worrying.

Keep safe and warm everyone its very cold here today and still.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Malka I hope you and Pereg had a peaceful night.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Morning Azz and everyone *shoves Azz off to bed with his clipboard*

WOW, what a night folks, and I don't remember seeing anything on the weather forecasts about just how severe this latest weather was going to be It got so bad in the night, I'd almost put it on a par with the storm we had a few weeks back, but I don't think our weather advice on just what was coming was good enough.

Anyhoo, the house survived and so did my big, bedroom window which I always worry about with a full on south westerley I might have to ring Dave and see if his caravan is still up the right way this morning, not to mention my two up the road

Haven't been up long, it's still dark, although the wind and rain have stopped, and I'll be getting Zena out as soon as its relatively light.

No other plans today except to get a turkey for the week-end (we always have our early). I can't believe there are none on the shelves yet in Sainsburys or Asda, they usually have the fresh ones in long before now don't they

Hope you're all fine this morning along with the doglets, and enjoy your Thursday.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning Azz, Lynn and all

Mince pies, lovely, I hope there will be enough to go around!! Don't do a Jenny and throw them on the floor!

I had vaguely read about the new group Azz, a bit of rumbling as I recall. Will have to join!

Not much happening here, more card writing, luckily (or not) I only have 1st class stamps so should be ok! Then I had best start wrapping.

The dogs all need a manicure too, they will be thrilled!! I can't believe it's coming so quickly!!

We will resume one of our walks which we haven't done for a while as it's past a nature reserve which has had sheep in to clear some of the rough grasses but they are gone now. The dogs go bonkers if they see sheep.

Have a good day all, stay safe.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Morning H

It was windy here too last night but I think we were on the edge. I hope Dave and the other vans survived ok.

Also hope Malka had a peaceful night with Pereg.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning Lynn, hope Gordon and Michael were ok in that awful weather in that boat, good job it isn't on tidal waters really isn't it! Yes please, lots more sausage rolls for the party. Make it Friday when I'm out to mine, and I can make a late entrance, and that way we will all understand each other cos I'm sure to have had a few along with the rest of you

Morning Gerry enjoy that lovely walk around the nature reserve before giving the doglets their manicure for christmas

Malka, I hope everything stayed calm with Pereg last night.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Morning Helena I hope Dave is still upright and your vans.
I thought I saw a sign in Lidl that their turkeys would be in on the 19th fresh so maybe the other supermarkets are following.
Good luck with the hunt.
Morning Gerri yes I think you will be ok with the cards if you are posting 1st class.
I made sure yesterday and will be very careful today not to chuck the cooking on the floor.
Enjoy your walk today.
June just scanned through last nights thread. What a cheek not wanting Dora because of her colour good on you telling them what you did. They need a breed that has no deviation in colour or better still maybe not a dog at all. I hope the potential new homes work out for her.
Sally Dillon is the same spraying him with water which in my desperation once I tried just wound him up more. I meant spray something nasty example the bitter apple or breath spray which apparently dogs hate or the mosquito spray which I know Dillon hates on your hands and clothes. That has helped us the sight of the can is enough now to make him stop. He also has a squeaky cup cake toy which my sister bought him last Christmas he doesn't like it if I show him that he stops and backs away.
It is difficult its finding that one thing that stops them in their tracks. I agree though some things just escalate the behaviours more that's what makes it so difficult and tiring.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning all

Helena, hope Dave is okay in his caravan, and that your other two vans are safe.

I'm okay this morning so far but I've only just had breakfast. I seem to be okay right up till I eat then I feel awful. So see how I feel in a while by the time I have to leave.

The weather was blowing a hoolie here last night but seems to have eased a little and no word on any problems on the roads. So back to work so far for me.

Tonight, depending on the weather will be cadets and games night. It's our final night so hopefully it can go ahead.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Lorraine, don't count yer chickens just yet about the weather cos I think there's a huuuuuge one heading your way next, I saw it on last night's forecast so be careful when it arrives, it's not looking good with the strong winds, snow and rain for you up there. Can't imagine what's up with your tummy but hope it improves throughout the day and you can eat something here and there.

Thanks Lynn, I'll go back and see today then, but I don't have a Lidls sadly, although the B&Q store is going to be one soon.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »