Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 07:52 PM

Little and Large

Well we started off the day with Bella meeting up with the HUGE old pitbull type, Bruno.

And we ended it with her meeting up with the tiniest Chi who lives in our block now. Awful photo I know but my cam is carp in the dark.

So it went from this ....

To this ....

With a few 'average sized' ones in between!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Must say her second friend is more my cup of tea
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 08:11 PM
How very brave little Bella is to go and say hello to Bruno as I bet not many owners will let their dogs anywhere near it. ..... and how lovely of you to pop the photo up of your new beau .... the chi
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Bella is very versatile.
Did you mean to say your camera is carp in the dark ?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Great photos, and love the first photo especially!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
How very brave little Bella is to go and say hello to Bruno as I bet not many owners will let their dogs anywhere near it. ..... and how lovely of you to pop the photo up of your new beau .... the chi
Jenny - NO other local dog owners will go anywhere near it. Big dogs are not 'the norm' around here (as you can probly see from the group dog photos) and this one 'looks tough and mean) and I've avoided him too for at least a year or more. I just took a fit in my head and thought 'well let's go and see. Clipped Bella back on her lead and called out in my best Greeklish - is he friendly? Is he OK (NDAXI?) And went for it.

The little old guy just looks so sad sat there miles away from all the other dogs and their owners.

So we will be saying hello to them regularly now and I hope to eventually convince some of the other 'doggy people' to do so (but don't hold out much hope) have to say first thing I did when I got back was to wash my hands. It is one of those dogs you stroke and it leaves your hands dirty. Yuk! But I'll survive that!

As for Bella - well she is just a little STAR! Spent an hour outside tonight with the chi - whose owners insisted (having scooped her up) that, at one year old, she doesn't like ANY dogs, any cats or any people. I had her eating out of my hand (metaphorically) I don't carry treats and I've never trained a dog with treats. She was, in the end, running round happily with Bella and coming to me for a tickle. They thought it was a miracle. I just thought they were clueless about dogs! But Bella is definitely the BEST dog to use to get another dog used to dogs. And she can run SO FAST that if they do turn on her now - they won't bluddy CATCH HER lol! They were very amused to see Bella running rings round it under the block in the huge carpark space now that most 'visitors' have gone it is 3 quarters empty. And were delightedly saying 'she will sleep well tonight'.

Bella is just a BLUR when she does her 'running' lol!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
The Chi is certainly very small. I would be nervous having a dog so small in case I stood on it. ( The cat might eat it. )
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
The Chi is certainly very small. I would be nervous having a dog so small in case I stood on it. ( The cat might eat it. )
Yes! It was bad enough with Bella until she was full grown - she only weighed around 750g when a baby. Honestly something only has to brush against you or you slightly touch something with your toe for you to think you are going to flatten the dog. I was very careful opening and closing doors in case I shut her in them. And having to close off all small gaps. She's too blimmin' porky to slip thro' any of them now!

Lynn
No I mean my cam is crap in the dark but thought the filter would edit it out lol!