Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
But isn`t it great that the police are being pro-active?
Absolutely, totally agree with you there, if only all police forces were like this...

Wys
x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
The council here plant saplings/young trees in the local parks and road sides every year, they are destroyed, uprooted, branches broken by hooligans.
We have the same here H The council plant trees down our road, those that like to park on the road rather than their (large) drives just saw them down...
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
We have the same here H The council plant trees down our road, those that like to park on the road rather than their (large) drives just saw them down...
When I was a kid there was a weeping willow on the grass verge outside our house. I spent stupid amounts of hours up that tree, as did most of us - then the neighbours from hell moved in next door (kid would play trombone at 2am, the fella regularly would threaten to kick the living daylights out of anyone who parked on OUR drive etc etc) and he lied through his teeth to the council that the kids were jumping from the tree onto his car and damaging his property to get them to cut the tree down so he could park his car on the grass verge rather than on his drive (again, he'd threaten to beat the living daylights out of anyone else who parked there). Mum got the council to plant another tree (a sapling) in retaliation and outrage at his lies - he drove that one over and ripped it clean out of the ground.

Nasty nasty thug - the tree was no bother to anyone - he just didn't want to have to park his car on his sloping drive - the exact same sloping drive that had been there when he viewed and bought the house. How we rejoiced when he moved away.

They also tried to plant a "children's forest" near mum's as well... lots and lots of nice conifers... everyone just sawed them down and nicked them for free Christmas trees. WE all saw that one coming... the local council... nope!

And yes I still sulk to this day that they cut MY tree down!
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by plantman View Post
how on earth do you get your dog to chew on a tree
my old stafford would jump up and hang on trees, keeping him away was the hard part, also he would strip the bark off of a tree and then just stand there licking it, he was never encouraged to hang or destroy trees ever but he did it when ever he could
and no, he was not nor am I a dog fighter lol.

I took a pic of him doing this one day to prove to someone he did this ill see if I can find the pic out
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-05-2011, 06:03 PM
4 july 2005, If I leaded him to walk past this tree he would scream like he was being killed, he had a thing for this tree ... not sure why, he would have a go at it when ever he could...
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:12 PM
The signs that have been put up/displayed can have various results for better or not depending on who reads them, takes heed or not and where goes from there.(not having a go at bolty or anyone, we knew a SBT that loved to jump up and hang from a tree branch but not for fighting or encouraged to wreck)
eta have just seen the above photo, it's a giant chew, just not rawhide
partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:13 PM
lolz mabel's the same, she's got a few trees she likes to demolish on her various routes, she gets so dissapointed if she's not allowed a 5 min chewing session.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2