Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2011, 02:17 PM

Police notice at park..

Saw a police notice at the entrance going in to the park where I am staying .They are looking for information on dog fighting in the park and for signs of people making their dogs chew on tree's as they use them for sharpening teeth and strengthening jaws...

Kinda shocked me ..
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:18 PM
not very nice!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Although I have to disagree with the dogs hanging on trees etc, Bruno in his youth used to adore jumping up for hanging branches and chewing the wood. With the current trees down due to storms he us loving it as he can have s good chew in the branches without the effort of jumping up!!

And we are not dogfighters!!!
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:36 PM
haha thats true, all it will take is for one harmless staffy to jump up at a tree branch and it will be "oh my god they must be training it for fighting!"
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:46 PM
At least Bruno does that...Dougal won't, it's just too much effort. Even jumping for a treat he won't do unless he REALLLLLY has to.

Lazy beast

Although i have seen staffy's do this, and my father in laws dafty used to try to take saplings out of the ground...she would get very annoyed cause they wouldn't come out.
plantman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Saw a police notice at the entrance going in to the park where I am staying .They are looking for information on dog fighting in the park and for signs of people making their dogs chew on tree's as they use them for sharpening teeth and strengthening jaws...

Kinda shocked me ..
This is a new one on me, and how on earth do you get your dog to chew on a tree, and if you could then why would you do it in the park where everyone could see?

Mind you, I don't suppose people who encourage dogs to fight are very bright? Perhaps the sign should read "Fighting dogs will be taken into care, owners of fighting dogs will be destroyed"
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 03:10 PM
But isn`t it great that the police are being pro-active?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by plantman View Post
Mind you, I don't suppose people who encourage dogs to fight are very bright? Perhaps the sign should read "Fighting dogs will be taken into care, owners of fighting dogs will be destroyed"
love it!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
That's very true.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It would be great if they were doing something sensible but dogs jumping up for branches hardly makes them dog fighters. The same as owning a tread mill.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 05:02 PM
The council here plant saplings/young trees in the local parks and road sides every year, they are destroyed, uprooted, branches broken by hooligans. Have also seen folks encouraging dogs to jump up and swing off branches(don't know if for dog fighting purposes but you never know), snap and drag them away, what fun! Why on earth people encourage this sort of behaviour or the council wastes money like this is a mystery, when the inevitable will happen, a shame for others and the poor trees. It's good if the police are doing everything to try stop illegal practices n suffering(sorry for rant n bit off topic).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >