Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:00 PM

The endless entertainment...

..A fly can emit.

In my bedroom at the moment there is a blue bottle - annoying thing, but it's keeping Louie very occupied after his walk.

Anyone elses dog like to catch and chase flies?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
..A fly can emit.

In my bedroom at the moment there is a blue bottle - annoying thing, but it's keeping Louie very occupied after his walk.

Anyone elses dog like to catch and chase flies?
Yes but they are not allowed, some of them can be bees, hornets or wasps!

Besides I do not want them to remove the pleasure I get from swatting the darned things!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes but they are not allowed, some of them can be bees, hornets or wasps!

Besides I do not want them to remove the pleasure I get from swatting the darned things!
Lol, I know it's a fly and he'll not get it but I do give a leave if they come across a bee on the floor and wasps too.

He's laid on the bed with his eyes wobbling around following this fly around and then a lunge and attempted grab at them LOL..
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh yes and spiders we like too i have the claw marks in the wall to prove it. When caught they explode in the mouth though and then they decide they dont like them after all.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Phil is obsessed with bumble bee's
We have to be really careful when hes in the garden, i think its because they are furry
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Our old dog was passionate about the chase and capture, but wasn't very good at it!

Our current dog is far, far better. She lays there, watching intently until they're close enough before SNAP and they're gone
She's certainly keeping the mosquito numbers down in the front room!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Ever seen a three legged cat try to catch a fly, keep falling over when trying to stand on one back leg to reach it? That's hilarious!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 06:56 PM
up my two love em too!!! Poppy will dart about jump on furniture, bounce of walls etc in her attempt to catch the buzzy thing Kiara is far more refined and waits for them to come to her then she watches and waits before a quick snap
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Jake loves chasing flies (what a surprise!). I'm not sure if he has caught one yet though.

A bit OT, I was watching Keith (cat) in the garden the other week, stalking a butterfly. Oh, how I laughed at his innocence and inexperience. Until he actually caught the thing! I felt really awful then
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Jake loves chasing flies (what a surprise!). I'm not sure if he has caught one yet though.

A bit OT, I was watching Keith (cat) in the garden the other week, stalking a butterfly. Oh, how I laughed at his innocence and inexperience. Until he actually caught the thing! I felt really awful then

I did that when Louie was a pup - we had his now best friend Tonic out on the garden and Tonic loves a game of chase (such a dog like bunny) anyway - we were laughing at Louie not being able to catch him - but then he ambushed him and we had to watch those puppy teeth and the bunny teeth - they're both sharp..luckily they had fun and no one was hurt..